HH and LL indicator

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

HH and LL indicator

Postby janderson3 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:34 am

Hi,
I'm looking for an indicator that will show me when the following conditions have been met: Two Lower Lows and a closing price greater than the midpoint of the bar. The inverse is: two higher highs and a close less than the midpoint of the bar. I was an Easy Language user for many years, and could likely program this quickly in a "ShowMe" study on that platform, but I recently changed brokerages and platforms and am now on TSII which obviously requires the indicator to be programmed in Lua. Any help coding this would be absolutely and completely appreciated, as I am a complete Lua novice. Thanks so much in advance. James Anderson
janderson3

Re: HH and LL indicator

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:34 am

Welcome here! Unfortunately, the licensing issues prevented us from supporting EasyLanguage, which is, definitely, the best for indicators and strategies. This is why we had to choose lua.

If you would like to develop your own indicators you can start with following:
A step by step indicator instruction on how to create the indicator: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=411
A full online documentation on Lua and the Trading Station interfaces: http://www.fxcodebase.com/documents/ind ... ntent.html

If you prefer to use debugger rather than develop right inside the Trading Station you can download and install the SDK: http://fxcodebase.com/documentation.php

However, your task is a good another example for a simple indicator, so, if you don't mind I'll prepare a new article on how to create the indicator using your spec.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:46 am

The indicator and the description on how it was developed: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1344
Nikolay.Gekht

Postby janderson3 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:01 pm

Nikolay! Thanks so much for developing that indicator for me and writing the article! That is incredibly helpful and I am completely appreciative! The indicator is exactly what I was looking for, and your article should help me develop other indicators in Lua. Again, thanks so much! James
janderson3

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:39 pm

You're welcome!

Please, also note that we already have more than 200 custom indicators, and, even if an existing indicator is not exactly the indicator you need, in the most cases it could be used as a good template.

And... do not hesitate to ask any questions you should have.
Nikolay.Gekht

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests