Volume Indicator

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Volume Indicator

Postby forexjim » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:03 pm

Hello ...

I downloaded the developers version of the new TradeStation II and saw the new volume indicator in there .. but is non-functioning at this point.

Now, I can't seem to find the developers version ... but when I logged into my live account, the "Show Volume" was no longer there.

Is this actually a version of the new Strategies Platform? Is there a way to create (re-create) the Show Volume indicator that can work with the current Market Scope/Trade Station II?

Thanks!

Jim S.
forexjim

Re: Volume Indicator

Postby Apprentice » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:26 am

Volume is for now limited to a beta version, but it is not functional because the required data source is not yet operational.

Show Volume option in the beta version can be used SHOWIDX indicator as a data source, such as the Dow Jones chart.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Volume Indicator - final questions

Postby forexjim » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:16 pm

Thank you for that info ...

One additional question then. The developer version of Trade Station with the new Market Scope charts that allow for changing the size and style of indicator lines like EMA's etc. --- is there a new version about to be released with either Trade Station II or Marketscope 2.0 that will have the functions in the DEV version I downloaded?

I love the "tabbed profile" option in this DEV version to have multiple layouts and the ehanced ability in the marketscope side that I saw ... hoping then, there is a soon to be released real version .. is there?

Ok .. last question. Are there any limitations in the DEV version other than the volume indicator now working for now in a live account ... that would make one NOT want to use it for live trading?

Thanks again,

Jim S
forexjim

Re: Volume Indicator

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:03 pm

About volume. The volume must be supported on the server as well. The demo servers starts to translate volume today and the real server is expected to translate volume since August 27.

The development version is more or less the version which will be recently released, so, all new features you can see there will be available in the regular trade station soon. The release is currently scheduled to August 27. The only thing we are still waiting now is the translation of new features to all 14 supported languages.

Unfortunately, we didn't include any volume indicators into the upcoming release. But I'll publish a number of such indicators here and most of them will be included into the next release (it's pretty fast to create the indicator but takes too long to translate them into all these languages).

Yeah, preinstalled layout will not be available for all IB by default, but if it is not available for your IB, just put the request here and I'll publish these default layouts here.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Re: Volume Indicator - Strategy Program

Postby forexjim » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:19 pm

So, is this version I have now (got the latest one and noted the Vista Skin and XP skin wouldn't load though) a beta version of Tradestation II or this new already released Strategy Trader they have out now?

I'm hoping this is actually just Tradestation II that is coming (online chat support isn't aware of a "soon to be released new TS II or Marketscope) as I really like the new features.

Volume will be great when it can function as that's about the fastest and most accurate "show and tell" of what is really going on behind the candle movement.

And ... is this DEV version safe to trade with "as is"? I did notice it takes a little longer to load up my live account, but I haven't traded with it yet. Just looked over my live account while open.

Thanks for all your help.

Jim S
forexjim

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests