SSL(Gann Hi/Lo) + SUPERTREND = SIGNAL

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

SSL(Gann Hi/Lo) + SUPERTREND = SIGNAL

Postby mennzz » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi,
Can someone here please make these 2 indicators into a signal, for FXCM Trading Station II...?

This is how it goes:

Indicators/Settings:
SSL (Gann Hi/Lo Activator) (2)
SUPERTREND (10, 1.5)
---
Rules:
When SUPERTREND is in an uptrend (line is green), and a candlestick crosses SSL(blue line) upwards, there should be a buy signal. (A green arrow up). If SUPERTREND is in an uptrend (line is green), and SSL gives a sell signal (candlestick crosses SSL downward), there should be no arrow giving a signal. (Only when SUPERTREND is in an uptrend, and SSL gives a buy signal).

The same should be for a sell signal. SUPERTREND is in a downtrend (line is red) and a candlestick crosses SSL(blue line) downward, there should be a red arrow sell signal...

--
SSL INDICATOR: You can find the SSL indicator on the bottom of link: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=139&p=200&hilit=ssl#p200
--
SUPERTREND INDICATOR: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=605

If someone can make these indicators setup that it would give a signal when it meets those terms, it would be like taking a weight off my head...

Your work is much appreciated.
Thank you! :)

-Mennzz
Attachments
How signal should be set.PNG
mennzz

Re: SSL(Gann Hi/Lo) + SUPERTREND = SIGNAL

Postby mennzz » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:54 pm

Apprentice wrote:Added to development cue.

Thanks very much! :)

P.S. : Post it here when it's finished... Thanks again... ;)
mennzz

Postby Apprentice » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:46 am

I wrote two versions of the indicators, first to strictly follow your specifications.
The second, which gives a signal when both conditions met, no matter in what order.

Test them and give me feedback, are you satisfied, so that I could publish the final version.

SSL_SuperTrend Signal ver 1.lua
(2.94 KiB) Downloaded 927 times

SSL_SuperTrend Signal ver 2.lua
(3.35 KiB) Downloaded 903 times
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby mennzz » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:17 am

Apprentice wrote:I wrote two versions of the indicators, first to strictly follow your specifications.
The second, which gives a signal when both conditions met, no matter in what order.

Test them and give me feedback, are you satisfied, so that I could publish the final version.

The attachment SSL_SuperTrend Signal ver 1.lua is no longer available

The attachment SSL_SuperTrend Signal ver 1.lua is no longer available

Hi Apprentice,

Nice work, Well done. But,

As you see in my new image, the red arrow's are for a good sell signal, the green arrows are for a good buy signal, and the white arrow's means there should be no signal...
When the SUPERTREND Indicator is in an uptrend, and SSL gives a buy signal (anywhere within that uptrend), there should be a buy signal, but if SUPERTREND is in an uptrend, and SSL gives a sell signal, then there should be no signal. The same should be for a downtrend situation.

The SUPERTREND Indicator is to show us what trend the currency is in, and the SSL Indicator is to give us the signal when the requirement are met, such as when SUPERTREND is in a downtrend(line is red) and a candlestick crosses SSL downward (which means SSL gave us a sell signal), there should be a sell signal were the candlestick crossed SSL because the requirement was met. Same for an uptrend.

That's how the signals are meant to be... ;)

Also, if it's possible, can you make the signals an indicator with an arrow pointing up or down so I and everyone don't have to add it into SHOWSIGNAL, and just see a dot whenever there's a signal, cause it's way much easier :D .

Sorry if it was confusing...

Thanks a million...
-Mennzz
Attachments
Good.PNG
mennzz

Postby Apprentice » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:59 am

SSL.png

Please could you re-download the SSL indicator, I found a bug in SSL code.

Once you do that, try signals again.
Apprentice

Postby mennzz » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:42 am

Hi Apprentice,

You did a great job. I think you should post both versions and let other people choose which version they want, but if you can't post both version's it would be version 1 that you would post up.

Also, if possible, can you make this signal into an indicator that has pointing arrow's instead of 'SHOWSIGNAL' dots?

Thanks a million, and happy trading!!! :)
-Mennzz
mennzz

Postby Apprentice » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:12 am

I Unify both versions and write the corresponding indicator tomorrow.
Apprentice

Postby mennzz » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:40 am

Apprentice wrote:Integrated signal can be found here.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1752
Indicator
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1756&p=3534#p3534

Thanks for putting together this strategy... Great job! :)
mennzz

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests