Bollinger Bands modified

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Bollinger Bands modified

Postby gg_frx » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:28 pm

is it possible to modify the standard bollinger bands (or write new indicator ...) with:
a) possibility to use decimal numbers and not only integer when calculate "number of standard deviations" (like 1.6 or 2.1 ... )
b) possibility to shift the bands (n periods)

thank you ;)
gg_frx
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Bollinger Bands modified

Postby TonyMod » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:56 pm

gg_frx wrote:is it possible to modify the standard bollinger bands (or write new indicator ...) with:
a) possibility to use decimal numbers and not only integer when calculate "number of standard deviations" (like 1.6 or 2.1 ... )
b) possibility to shift the bands (n periods)

thank you ;)

Yes i don't see a problem with modifying Bollinger Bands to support decimals in that parameter. I'll give it a try and post once its done. Same thing goes for "shifting", i'll try shifting it and see how it works out. If it will present no problems i'll post the new indicator.
Best Regards,

"TonyMod"
(FXCodeBase.com Forum Moderator)
TonyMod
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby gg_frx » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:17 pm

TonyMod wrote:
Yes i don't see a problem with modifying Bollinger Bands to support decimals in that parameter

well .... good news for us if it works ... :mrgreen:
.. but ... bad news for you ... :shock: ... i think that you must modify the bollingerwidth and%b indicator adding decimals support ... ;)
gg_frx
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby TonyMod » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:06 pm

gg_frx wrote:well .... good news for us if it works ... :mrgreen:
.. but ... bad news for you ... :shock: ... i think that you must modify the bollinger width and%b indicator adding decimals support ... ;)

No we just create a new one. We must not override original Bollinger Bands indicator.
How is it bad news for us? :D

Anyway here is the link, i made decimal support for original Bollinger Bands and for 2 more BB oscillators that i coded in last week or so, figured maybe somebody would find that useful as well to have decimal support in them:
http://www.fxcodebase.com/code/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=237

So unless you need the other 2 just get BB-Decimal.lua, let me know if it works the way you wanted it.

Cheers.
Best Regards,

"TonyMod"
(FXCodeBase.com Forum Moderator)
TonyMod
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests