MACD with four colors

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

MACD with four colors

Postby wdshjylch » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:57 pm

Would you please develop a MACD indicator with 4 colors as shown in the picture below.
thanks a million :D
Attachments
macd.jpg
wdshjylch

Re: MACD with four colors

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:00 pm

This is not exactly the same, but very similar like to Golden MACD indicator:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=358
Please take a look at this indicator first. If it is not good enough, we will add your request to queue.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Re: MACD with four colors

Postby bonnevie » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi Nikolay,

I'm interested in the four-color MACD requested by wdshjylch, but I don't want the version you pointed out.

It seems the colored version of the MT4 standard MACD, which displays as you described, is not considered to be the "true" MACD. There are a number of trading strategies that require information from the histogram of the "true" MACD, and if you use this version to take those trading signals... :o :evil: .... Suffice it to say, I learnt the hard way after weeks of frustration testing two strategies using this version of the MACD rather than the "true" version - not realising that they were different. Fortunately, I was using a demo.

So, could you do a four-color version of the 'real' MACD, as per wdshjylch's picture? Would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

bonnevie
bonnevie

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests