BREAKEVEN_PRICE STRATEGY

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

BREAKEVEN_PRICE STRATEGY

Postby Chief53 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:12 am

Hi,
How are you? I'm only new to this site. I found it through the link in Marketscope 2 and have been trying a few of the stratagies and indicaters and have found them very useful in helping me as I'm only new to FOREX as well. I have got myself to the stage where I am winning more than I'm lossing so I must be on the right track at last. I have tried the BREAKEVEN_PRICE STRATEGY as occasionally I have been caught out by a sudden fluctuation in the market that has tripped me out on a stop order. The BREAKEVEN_PRICE STRATEGY has helped contoll this to a large extent BUT, when it activates you still lose the spred margine.

what I am wondering is if this strategy can be made a bit more flexible by the addition of some user available settings regarding it's:

(1)activation time. ie once you have made some profit, Zero or greater in pips(or Minus in the case of Sell entry?), at the moment it comes into play, as soon as you enter a trade, at the Zero point and isn't able to allow for the spread so you end up paying that.

(2) It would be nice if the user could specify the amount of profit or point at which the user would allow the strategy to shut down the trade.

I have also noticed the stratagy knocks you out which ever way the price approaches the entry price so:

(3) Having it programed to stop the trade when it comes back down and touches the user set limit on a BUY trade or when it touches coming up on a Sell would be great.

I am not a programmer so don't know what is possible and what's not but feel if the stratagy could be modified in the way I have described then Newby's like myself or even others may like to use it as we could maybe extend our trading from just day trading to overnight as well without possibly suffering large loses. Even when using stop orders as we do at the moment you can still lose large amounts by comparison in small accounts, which when starting out in FOREX, can make or break you not only monetary wise but in confidence as well.

My hope is that with my suggetions here this strategy would be like a pre-emptive STOP order on any Trade that would leave people with a little profit or at least no loses at all.

Thank you for your time and patience reading all of this.

Rod (Chief53) ;)
Chief53

Re: BREAKEVEN_PRICE STRATEGY

Postby Chief53 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:20 am

Thanks for the quick reply :D I didn't expect it so quick as I imagine with all that the site contains you must be pretty busy.

Thanks again,

Rod(Chief53)
Chief53

Postby fxjake » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:49 am

Hi

I am new to this forum and very interested in this indicator...

Just wondering where it will be posted once it is complete.

Thank you very much

Fxjake
fxjake

Postby Apprentice » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:20 am

Probably a new topic.
But message and a link to the new topic, you will find here.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests