Change of value

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Change of value

Postby arunaa » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:27 am

Hi,
I have noticed that most of the indicators change with the fluctuations of the price..For eg. a MACD line will be below the 0 line for one instant and the next instant, based on price fluctuation, will go above the 0 line.. This variation of the indicator as per price fluctuation is very deceiving to us because the indicator value is changing every instant with the price and with price being very volatile the indicator is also very volatile.. I have been deceived several times because when I look at the indicator the signal is a very favourable to enter and after some time i can see that the indicator value has changed and the earlier signal was just due to price fluctuation..Is there any way to change this and allow the indicator value to be finalized and drawn only at the end of the time and not during the time price is fluctuating..Lucklily this does not happen in indicators such as Ichimoku but happens very frequently in indicators such as MACD,EMA..
arunaa
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Change of value

Postby arunaa » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:11 am

This is very critical in Bu/Sell indicators such as Gann Hi-Low the indicator is above the price at 10:36 so I entered on a sell. But at 10:38 it was below the price and after several such up and down shift(the decieving movemnt of the indicator based on ;price volatility more specifically in gpb/jpy pairs)..Finally,since I was on a 1hr chart at the end of the hour the indicator was below and ended up with a losing trade ..Is there any way to correct this,,It is better not to have this faulty indication..
arunaa
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests