The VORTEX Indicator

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

The VORTEX Indicator

Postby clifford » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:34 pm

From the Dec 09 issue of Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities " Magazine an improved version of the DMI is on show . The Vortex Indicator is a step closer for that elusive beast : a reliable indicator for a change in market direction , that is on time , not lagging or to sensitive to noise .
Welles Wilder DMI from his 1978 book New Concepts In Technical trading Systems still offers the most accurate way to find trend direction and price moves in the market .

Etienne Botes and Douglas Siepman have defined precisely an improvement on the DMI which to me on reading is to me a MUST HAVe in the toolbox of all traders . The code is available from several websites listed in the magazine .and it uses .

I am not a programmer but is there anyone out there who has read the above mentioned article and can put it on the CODE BASE . i.e as an indicator .

Clifford .
[moderation: ng: moved to the proper forum]
clifford
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: The VORTEX Indicator

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Please, find the beta-version of the vortex indicator here
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=255
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests