A simple price "trailing" stop strategy?

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

A simple price "trailing" stop strategy?

Postby Laurus12 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Hello Guys,

I am wondering if there exists a simple price "trailing" stop strategy tool on the forum? I have searched but with no luck.

What I am looking for is where one can set the strategy to move the stop loss to break even or more pips if one whish when price has moved into for example 20 pips profit. Like if my stop loss is 25 pips I set it to move 25 pips when price moves to 20 pips in profit. Meaning that the strategy would not continue to move/trail when profit hits 40 pips if one chooses it not to.

Thanks,
Laurus12
Laurus12
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: A simple price "trailing" stop strategy?

Postby uglock » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:54 pm

Here is an example of such strategy: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2339&p=4997

It moves the stop by MVA value.
uglock

Re: A simple price "trailing" stop strategy?

Postby Laurus12 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:59 pm

Thank you for your reply and link uglock.

It is not this kind I am thinking about, because I would like to deside myself how much the stop should move.

I found one for MetaTrader 4 where they call it Auto Break Even EA. With this one one can for example deside if the stop should move to -3 pips or +3 after a set amount of profit pips. So I guess the more appropriate name for this thread should be "Auto Break Even Strategy".

If someone would take a shot and make one I would very much appreciate it :)

Thanks,
Laurus
Laurus12

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests