Volume Histogram

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Volume Histogram

Postby C0mb042 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi is it possible to add a volume histogram to trading station
C0mb042

Re: Volume Histogram

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:37 pm

Unfortunately, right now the price server does not provide such data. I know that there were discussions about how to provide such data, but I'm not sure that I can promise anything.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby Apprentice » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:40 am

Spot FX brokers that provide volume data are really just misrepresenting tick changes as volume, tick changes are not directly correlated with volume and arguably could be inversely correlated, i.e. a less liquid market = more volatility = more tick changes)

You can develop TicksVolume indicator or negotiate with brokers who use your platform (Dbfx, FXCM) that they provide you volume data for their clients Transactions.

Tick Volume
The tick volume study helps you estimate trading volume during the trading day, when actual volume information on futures is not available. A tick is a transaction, or trade. The tick volume study counts the number of ticks, or transactions, in a period.

The computation for the tick volume study simply counts the number of ticks during the interval specified on the Intraday chart. For example, if you are monitoring a 5-minute Intraday chart, the tick volume study counts the number of ticks that occurred during that 5 minute trading interval.

If Tick(Period)<>Tick(Period) then
TickVolume(Period)= TickVolume(Period)+1;
end
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:24 pm

Thank for an idea. It will be possible in the next release of the Marketscope. I'll do it as soon as I'll have at least beta-version, so, I think we will have such feature before end of March.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests