Indicator filter

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Indicator filter

Postby ThemBonez » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:28 pm

Hi
Is there a way to create an indicator filter?
For example, part of my strategy is a Dual Time Frame Momentum filter. The first part of my strategy to find a possible long trade is to find the time frame frames with same momentum direction. I use the Stochastic RSI to find a bullish momentum on a higher time frame( Lets say Daily time frame) that is not overbought. Then for my entry I look for the 60m time frame for a bullish reversal also using the StochRsi.
So for a long trade I woukld want to screen stocks that have a Daily time frame stochrsi bullish momentum and 60m time frame momentum that just made a bullish reversal on the StochRSI.
Would there be a way to create an indicator screen filter that would alert me if a currency pair had these conditions?
ThemBonez
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Re: Indicator filter

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:00 pm

This thing can be implemented using an ability to load the data of other frame and using the signals (the lua code which can use various indicators, prices and then show alerts). Let's return to this point after the release.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby ThemBonez » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:03 pm

Release?
ThemBonez
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:11 pm

Yes, we expect the release of the new functionality to the production in one-two weeks. So, after this release we will be able to publish the indicators which requires this new functionality.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests