bollinger bands color

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

bollinger bands color

Postby Winner22 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:31 am

Hi

im looking for Bollinger bands indicator with 2/3 colors (one for increasing bands, 1 for flat and one for decreasing). (cf. attachment)
I found the post which proposes that as a new indicator but i want to have that ont the main graph with the candels.

Is it possible ?

thx
Attachments
boll.PNG
boll.PNG (85.93 KiB) Viewed 1645 times
Winner22

Re: bollinger bands color

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:47 pm

"New indicator" means rather that while it is not possible in the standard bollinger band, the new indicator may be created. So you will use this new indicator instead of the standard BB indicator. But it will still show it in the same chart, together with the candles.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby Winner22 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:09 pm

thx for the answer.
I understand that it is impossible to have colored bands instead of the standard bands ?
Winner22

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:12 pm

The standard indicators may be replaced only as a major update of the trading station and we are trying to keep the standard indicators as "classic" as it is possible. What is the problem to use a custom indicator? BTW, it took about 10 minutes to create the indicator below:

cbb.png

download:
cbb.lua
(4.37 KiB) Downloaded 616 times
Nikolay.Gekht

Postby Winner22 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:19 pm

maybe i wasn't clear enough (i'm french and my english is bad). but the .lua you sent now is EXACTLY what i need. i have no problem with custom indicator. I'm using a lot.

thank you so much
Winner22

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:25 pm

You are welcome. BTW, it does not have "flat" color yet, so if you need it I'll introduce it in a few minutes. I can also make, for example, band filling color different depending on bands convergence/divergence and many other things. Please do not hesitate to share your needs or ideas here :-).
Nikolay.Gekht

Postby Winner22 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:41 pm

i don't know yet if i "really" need flat band color but i think it makes the indicator more complete. so ....

thanks a lot and i'll tell you if i need stg else
Winner22

Postby ilnefopas » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:33 am

Nikolay.Gekht wrote:You are welcome. BTW, it does not have "flat" color yet, so if you need it I'll introduce it in a few minutes. I can also make, for example, band filling color different depending on bands convergence/divergence and many other things. Please do not hesitate to share your needs or ideas here :-).

Hi...reopening this old thread as I would like to know if you could add some sound alerts to the indicator :

- 1 alerts when BB are diverging
- 1 alert when central band slope is changing.

Thanks,
Ben.
ilnefopas

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests