Display both bid and ask on a candlestick

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Display both bid and ask on a candlestick

Postby Cactus » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Is there anything that lets you combine bid and ask price into one view? Like a new type of candle? Is there something like this? In tick charts you can already see bid and ask separately. How about an indicator that makes the candle appear as follows:

High = the line will extend to whichever price reached higher for that candle (I assume this will always be ask since it's above bid)
Low = line extends to whichever price reached lower for that candle (Always bid?)

This alone makes for a combination of ask and bid on the same candle, and then the same for:

Open
- (if candle is bullish, show the lowest open price from bid/ask)
- (if candle is bearish show highest open from bid/ask)
Close
- (if candle is bullish, show the highest close price)
- (if candle is bearish, show the lowest close price)

This would make the candlesticks a bit longer everytime I guess? I might have got something wrong with my understanding of bid/ask but I hope you see what I mean. No need to switch bid/ask since all is presented into one candlestick (highest high from bid/ask, lowest low from bid/ask, and same for open/close depending on green or red candles) Is this possible? And what in case of doji candles? :mrgreen:
Never chase the money, let the money come to me
Cactus
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Re: Display both bid and ask on a candlestick

Postby Cactus » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:58 pm

Actually I have searched the forum and there already exist a solution to this, namely: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1916
these dots are helpful
Never chase the money, let the money come to me
Cactus
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests