Stochastic RSI modification

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Stochastic RSI modification

Postby lello1231 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:50 pm

Hello ,

I downloaded the Stochastic RSI indicator from this forum , and it look good , but would like to request if it is possible to display inside the oscillator window , the actual value (integer number) of %K and %D instead of just K D .

Br
Elie
lello1231

Re: Stochastic RSI modification

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Could you refine the task? The parameter values are always shown after the name of the indicator, in brackets. K and D are just the name of the lines. The stochastic parameters of the StochRSI indicator are the last two parameters inside the brackets.

So, if the change (as I understand it) will be done, the name will change from
STOCHRSI(EUR/USD, 14, 14, 5, 3) K D
to
STOCHRSI(EUR/USD, 14, 14, 5, 3) 5 3.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby lello1231 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:18 am

Hello

i would like to display the actual value of the fast and slow line ,which is a percentage value from 0 to 100,like what is drawn on the chart . for eg instead of :

STOCHRSI(EUR/USD, 14, 14, 5, 3) K D

I would like to see

STOCHRSI(EUR/USD, 14, 14, 5, 3) 75.23 73.1

So i can know very accurately when the fast line cross the slow line ,not only graphically seeing but also numerically .

Thanks
Elie
lello1231

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:58 am

Oh, I see. Unfortunately, It can't be done exactly in the way you want, but I'll think how to show the current values on the chart area.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby Apprentice » Tue May 11, 2010 4:59 am

StochRSI.png
Stochastic RSI

A simple task, but still I could learn something new.

In addition to the current implementation, the problem can be solved by placeing the indication at the top left corner of a chart.

StochRSI.lua
Stochastic RSI
(3.44 KiB) Downloaded 865 times

Nikolay,
As I have already suggested. This task would be much easier to resolve if we have an alternative coordinate system, for chart elements positioning , which would NOT depend on Price as the starting point (Price and Date (Period)).

For example, Lower left corner, the position (0,0) and the upper-right corner (800,600).
Chart coordinate system should be independent, this extension should not apply to existing elements .

Application, placing elements that do not directly depend on the price movement (information, alerts, account balances, News...)
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests