dashboard from indicator in bin format

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

dashboard from indicator in bin format

Postby Brenticus » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi,
I have an indicator that I would like to use to build a dashboard that shows the result for 20+ pairs on multiple timeframes. Normally this would be simple, but I don't have a lua source file for the indicator. I only have the bin file.

I tried opening the bin file in a text editor (Sublime) to see if it was readable as source code, but it is not. Is the bin file always encrypted?

Could a dashboard use the bin indicator like an external function that is called when needed to get around the encryption? I have tried locating the original programmer but no luck there. I recently had the same dashboard built for mt4, but I would like to have it on fxcm's marketscope, which offers more timeframes to work with.

Normally I would just have someone convert the indicator from mt4 to lua, but it is a rather complicated indicator. I guess if this is my only option I will post a job offer for someone to do the conversion for me, but I hoped the bin file could be an easier option.
Brenticus

Re: dashboard from indicator in bin format

Postby Apprentice » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:13 am

Can you provide .bin file?
Will try to reverse engineer.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Brenticus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:31 pm

sure, will send you a dropbox link privately. Thanks!
Brenticus

Postby Apprentice » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Unfortunately, I can not help you, the indicator does not provide the output that I can read.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Brenticus » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:13 am

ok, thank you for trying.
Brenticus

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests