Smoothed ADX

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Smoothed ADX

Postby jrichardson83 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:37 am

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could work on a few on-screen modifications for the Smoothed ADX indicator. I've labeled and numbered the definitions in the accompanying jpeg.

1. When the ADX has crossed and closed below the user defined level (in the image this is below the 25 line) a rectangle is drawn from the high and low of the appropriate candle. The box will then extend until the ADX has crossed and closed over the user defined level.

2a. When +DI crosses and closes over the -DI (and vice versa) an arrow is drawn below (for Buy) or above (for sell) and a line is drawn from either the high or the low, depending on whether +DI or -DI has crossed.
2b. When a price candle has either crossed up or down and closed either above or below the high or low of the candle indicated in 2a an arrow is drawn either below the candle for a buy signal or above the candle for sell. In the example the 2b candle is a BUY.

3a. ADX has crossed and closed above the 25 line and a dashed line is drawn from the high of the candle until...
3b. Price has crossed above (or below) the high (or low).

The whole point of this is to avoid "chop" when ADX is not trending and neither buyers or sellers are in control.
ADX.PNG

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7635&p=111559&hilit=Smoothed+ADX
Smoothed_ADX.lua
(8.1 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
jrichardson83
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Re: Smoothed ADX

Postby jrichardson83 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:21 pm

I was wondering if the parameters for the +DMI/-DMI are alterable with this indicator. Right now it is possible to change the "Period" but I want to be able to change the ADX period to one number and the DMI to another.
jrichardson83
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests