NinjaTrader Auto Trend Line and Channel Tool to LUA

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

NinjaTrader Auto Trend Line and Channel Tool to LUA

Postby SrOndl » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:52 pm

Ninja Trader has a tool 'Auto Trend Line and Channel Tool' that I would like to see usable with FXCM. Is it possible to convert this existing tool to LUA? Its features are below. I have looked through the indicator listing and do not see a tool exactly like this one. Please let me know if it is possible. Thank you -

From Trend to Channel, all in one Panel.
This indicator exponentially increases the value of trend lines by creating a parallel channel area of dynamic support and resistance. Creates any number of trend line channels (rising and falling)…and signals an arrow alert when price crosses below a rising channel, or above the falling channel. Added channel bounce signal in conservative or aggressive mode.

Key Features:

Provides traders with a shorter learning curve for mastering channel trading
Automatically draws trend lines and channels for short term or long term trends
Provides signals for both channel bounce trades and Trend line break trades
Added audio signals and New Trend channel audio and visual feature*
Additional Functionality:
The MaxLines parameter lets you keep that many drawn lines on the chart for easy visual reference
Optional email alert when price breaks the trend line
TrendlineType parameter lets you determine if you want to view only Upward, Downward, or Either
“ShowChannels” parameter lets you reduce the channel to a single support/resistance trend line
Full color and style customization parameters for the trend lines
Historical lookback – position of each trendline is recorded on the chart using plotted dots
Accessible to Strategies/Indicators – Plotted values of the trendlines are available to any other NinjaScript Strategy or Indicator…essential for strategy or additional indicator development.
SrOndl

Re: NinjaTrader Auto Trend Line and Channel Tool to LUA

Postby SrOndl » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:06 pm

I don't have the code for it since I don't have Ninja - I am certainly willing to purchase the Ninja indicator and see if I can get a look at the code. I was not sure how this all worked - I am new to the site and don't have any programming skills. Tell me what I need to do and I will do what I can - just advise.....
SrOndl

Postby Apprentice » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:11 am

I'm not sure if the code will be visible to you if you buy the indicator.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby SrOndl » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:47 am

True - cannot be sure. I appreciate the consideration.
SrOndl

Postby SrOndl » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:57 am

This looks like part of what I was looking for - this is great though so thank you so much. Are there instructions somewhere? I see some additional trend lines - not sure if those are past trends or not? I have been going back into the discussion to see if I can find out TF's, etc.

Thank you Apprentice! This site is wonderful. Sorry it took me so long to find it.
SrOndl

Postby Apprentice » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:05 am

Are there instructions somewhere?

All instructions I have are posted on the topic.

I see some additional trend lines - not sure if those are past trends or not?

Yes.
If line crosses exceeds set max value set via "Tolerated" parameter, the line is faded.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests