CCI/MACD collaboration

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

CCI/MACD collaboration

Postby pipsqueak » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:53 am

I would like to try a thought I have been considering over the past year.
It would utilize the CCI and the MACD indicators.

I believe that this indicator will NOT include the false signals that the RUBCCI gives. If you'll note, when using the that indicator, several signals result in a poor position. The MACD in these instances indicates momentum in the opposite direction. I've included it here to remove those possible false indications.

This indicator would indicate a BUY when ALL of the following conditions are met:

1) CCI > -95 (adjustable?)
2) d(CCI)/dt is positive (the derivative is positive based on previous price action t-1) (adjustable?)
3) signal of MACD is > MACD (adjustable?)
4) d(MACD)/dt is positive (the derivative is positive based on previous price action t-1) (adjustable?)

This indicator would indicate a SELL when ALL of the following conditions are met:

1) CCI is < 95 (adjustable?)
2) d(CCI/dt is negative (the derivative is negative based on previous price action t-1) (adjustable?)
3) signal of MACD is < MACD (adjustable?)
4) d(MACD)/dt is negative (the derivative is negative based on previous price action t-1) (adjustable?)

Thank you
pipsqueak

Re: CCI/MACD collaboration

Postby Alexander.Gettinger » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:08 am

You may find the signal here:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=844
Alexander.Gettinger
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests