Bull-Bears (2state Histo) - Works on pairs but not indexes

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Bull-Bears (2state Histo) - Works on pairs but not indexes

Postby jsw_nz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:47 am

Hi FXCODEBASE - first off - my THANKS for your help on a previous project
- I just donated 10USD to Gehtsoft USA LLC.

I am submitting another query/project - providing the mq4 file. I have discovered this is a really GREAT scalping tool / indicator for M1 and M5 timeframes. It in fact works OK - BUT.... it seems to dissappear (goes blank) when it encounters data for indexes - (on my platform - IG Markets) - it does work ok for SP500 (S&P 500) - BUT JPN225 (Nikkei), NAS100 (NasDaq), AUS200 (Australian Index) and GER30 (DAX) - it just conks out - goes blank. I am guessing this is a very sublte issue as to how the data gets interpreted and parsed - and might be a simple tweak in the code (computational expression - math methods). I really would love to have this working for Asian/Australian sessions and DAX - since my trading hours are based on my being in New Zealand. i will post the source. It has been floating around for sometime - and avalaible on multiple websites - tried contacting on website/person it might come from - but website is in spanish and no evidence that it is even supported anymore. Having said that - this is a great indicator - - basically a 2 state bull bear histogram that is remarkably accurate for scalping. Hoping you could help out - not just me - but sure others will find useful. Might require a broker that offers CFD versions on the indexes - in order to fix the display going blank....

All best
jsw_nz
Attachments
sefc084.mq4
(3.69 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
jsw_nz

Re: Bull-Bears (2state Histo) - Works on pairs but not index

Postby jsw_nz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:15 pm

If possible - would still like to see work done on this to fix the bug of display - but since I submitted this request- i learned a little bit more about it - known in the past as 'Solar Wind' - has a reputation to repaint - so user (includes me) - beware - cheers
jsw_nz

Postby Apprentice » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:39 am

Your request is added to the development list under Id Number 4320
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby jsw_nz » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:14 am

Thanks for looking into it...
...if it is of any help - I learned from another that the core principle revolves around a Fisher Transform computation - but rather that showing a histogram - it defaults to either up or down (2 states) - it seems to work on pairs - but not on indices as mentioned - might be related to a number type or non-standard decimal expression - thanks
jsw_nz

Postby jsw_nz » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:59 pm

Thanks - but that is not quite the same - basically looking for the same 'square wave output' - so essentially looking for just a tweak to existing code of SEFC084 itself - in order to handle all types of data (which includes indices) - not sure if thiscan be done - thanks for any efforts...
jsw_nz

Postby jsw_nz » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:57 pm

Hi Apprentice

I just found a subsitute indicator (this was posted by Mladen at mql5 some years ago) - it works very similarly to the SEFC 'Solar Wind' - (that he cutationed against) - so no need for you to proceed to do any further work on this request. I though it best to post this here subsitute indicator (based on Fischer Transform) for others - it does repaint a bit- so need to be aware of this - but it works both on pairs and indexes - so problem is solved.

I do plan to add a new request for Gann- Hi Low shortly
- will explain in that post.Will send you some PayPal funds
- to cover your time for this
- many thanks
Attachments
FX_Fish.mq4
(7.46 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
jsw_nz

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests