MACD Dual Histogram

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

MACD Dual Histogram

Postby mangonel » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:23 am

I have a request for a strategy.I want the strategy to generate signals from the histogram of the MACD for two time frames.For example :

Enter Long :
If column 1h > previous column 1h
and
If column 15m > previous column 15m

Exit Long :
If column 15m < previous column 15m

Enter Short :
If column 1h < previous column 1h
and
If column 15m < previous column 15m

Exit Short:
If column 15m > previous column 15m

It could be nice if it has all the parameters like the two time frame MACD strategy with breakeven-reversal e.t.c.

Thank you.
mangonel

Re: MACD Dual Histogram

Postby mangonel » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:34 am

Is possible to put the breakeven in the histogram by a certain ammount % ? The general idea for this is to avoid the whipsaws in the indicator not in in the price of the instrument.Let's say in a long possition if column fall 0.1 % do not close the possition and vice versa for short possitions.I think it will cost in entry and exit but it will keep you in the right side of the market.
mangonel

Postby Apprentice » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:13 am

Your request is added to the development list under Id Number 4350
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby mangonel » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:25 pm

I don't really understand the way the formula works.It is not open the possitions in the proper way.I test it in real time with demo account and open and close the possitions random. When in the 30m one column is higher than the previous so they situation is long,in the 5m when one column is higher than the previous,the 5m don't open long possition and after a correction when the 5m getting long again neither then, open long possition.If a long possition open,does not close if the column getting lower.With MACD#1 and MACD#2 which of them are the highest time frame and which is the lower time frame ? I attach some images from the "Two time frame MACD Strategy.lua" - viewtopic.php?f=31&t=67024.Which i believe has the best settings to choose someone,if you adapt those settings in the histogram strategy,including the histogram threshold %.
Attachments
1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
mangonel

Postby mangonel » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:16 pm

If you create the strategy can you add an option for chart type ? Particular for RENKO ?
mangonel

Postby Apprentice » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:43 pm

The strategy coded exactly as described. The second timeframe is a lower timeframe.
Two time frame MACD Strategy.lua
(54.85 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests