Sound BUG in the alert of Extreme Spike

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Sound BUG in the alert of Extreme Spike

Postby jsw_nz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:53 am

First off - let me say thanks - I sent in my second donation - I got a PM in my backend > to send in to the ""mario email address (PayPal)"" - special credit to Alex for his great fix - THANKS GUYS !

I now have another request - and this might be a brain teaser - the submitted mt4 indicator displays 'TMA Spikes' perfectly - but its alert has a BUG in it - basically refires again and again - creating a 'buzzing sound" - so there is something in the code it seems. i opened it in MetaEditor - although it said no errors - there were 2 warnings - so i think these are the culprits...

This MT4 Indicator is called Extreme Spike (based on TMA -Triangulated Moving Average) - and was part of an Extreme TMA System distributed a few years back at Forexfactory - as I vaguely remember. I looked there first for ANY UPDATES to this file - but did not find any. This is a great indicator - (based on Symphonie System Extreme Cycle) - but much better. I draws a spike in a separate window - but the alert I have to disable due to the sound bug.

So wanted to ask first off - (1) if this sound bug could be fixed - and second off -(2) once fixed - if it could be coded to recieve and input to point to a separate sound file in my sounds folder - I would like to create some custom sounds and point to them

Hoping this is not too much to ask. Once you download the source file and turn ON the sound alerts - you should hear the problem of buzzing - do no panic - it lasts for a few seconds and then resets.

Thanks in advance for your attnetion to this

cheers
john
jsw_nz
Attachments
Extreme_Spike.mq4
(11.34 KiB) Downloaded 513 times
jsw_nz

Re: Sound BUG in the alert of Extreme Spike

Postby Apprentice » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:34 am

Your request is added to the development list under Id Number 4356
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby jsw_nz » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi Apprentice

Thanks for the link
- I went ahead and downloaded it
- and set the alerts to ON
- and once again I get the looping (buzzing sound) that is
- when when I set any alerts. In the first case
(1) when AlertMajorTopEnabled or AlertMajorBottomEnabled are set to true or
(2) when the input pointing to a seperate sound file is enabled.

Seeing this is a new file
- it would seem you tested in on your platform and
- you did not have this issue ???
.... hmm...

Might you post the ex4 version of it
- perhaps the compiler of my MetaEditor is acting up on my client
- scratching my head ??
- BTW - another big thanks for your efforts

-john-
jsw_nz

Postby Apprentice » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:47 am

Ups, I've posted an unmodified version of the file last time.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=67152
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby jsw_nz » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:49 pm

Seems to be working now - many thanks
- especially for how timely you have been !
- will be sending another donation
jsw_nz

Further Test Results: Sound BUG in Extreme Spike

Postby jsw_nz » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:55 am

Hi Mario
I used my backtesting software (Soft4x) - set to realtime (a feature of the software) and used this indicator on a one minute chart to test.

Despite your fix of the preliminary issue I first reported - I can confirm this indicator still wants to fire an alert continuously (1+ times/second).The original programmer in fact had some code to rectify this issue - based on the variable AlertStableEnabled. It defaults to TRUE - and is designed to stop this continuous firing using this code - which assigns barTime to AlertStabledx (line 485):

Code: Select all
case ALERT_STABLE:
   if( AlertStableEnabled && (barTime != AlertStableIdx) ) {
            signaler.SendNotifications(Symbol() + " " + periodName + ": Latest extreme will not repaint anymore");
      AlertStableIdx = barTime;
      }
   break;

It is not working.

I am no expert here on mq4 - and what barTime represents - (it would seem time left on the current bar in seconds).

My thinking for a fix would be to fine tune this to a higher gap in time by adding a buffer value to barTime - OR base it on the current bar closing before refiring.

I still like this indicator as is - but a working alert feature would be a big plus. Perhaps you can devise a better way to implement this. For now the alert is simply needing a fix to work as advertised on your posted indicators page.
jsw_nz

Postby Julian Green » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:47 am

I also sometimes have such a problem with the sound. But after restarting everything works.
Julian Green

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests