Persistent Breakout and Range Strategy Request MT4

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Re: Persistent Breakout and Range Strategy Request MT4

Postby davidf515 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:33 am

Hello Apprentice.

New version works with no problems so far, so I think that's got it. Excellent job! Thank you very much for everything.

I hesitate to ask, but would it be possible to add one more feature to this Strategy?

I've noticed that some instruments don't like to trade at their previous days' High or Low. They usually bounce off of these boundaries or power right through them, but they don't hang around these levels for long. That makes these levels perfect for triggering this Strategy (in Breakout mode).

Would it be possible to add an optional input that is a price level? When the instrument touches this level the Strategy would start immediately. Having this automated would relieve one of the burden of having to watch the market continuously waiting for the target level to be touched.

It could be a simple question: "Start at price touch?" (Yes or No), then an input for the trigger price.

The rest of the Strategy would work as before.

I hope this is a reasonable request, as you have done so much already.

Thank you again.
davidf515

Postby Apprentice » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:45 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 51.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby davidf515 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:23 pm

Thanks for the quick response Apprentice! Will try new version and report back.
davidf515

Postby davidf515 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:53 pm

Hello Apprentice.

I tried it several times and it always initiates immediately, regardless of whether or not the "start at price touch?" input is true, with a value, or false with no value.

I thought that maybe it might initiate a second time when the price touched the value, but nothing happened when the input price was touched.

Basically, it works exactly the same as the previous version.

Also, there are no errors listed in the experts log. Everything looks the same as the last version.

Thanks again for your attention to this.
davidf515

Postby davidf515 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:22 pm

I believe that's it! Tested for a week with no problems.

Thank you very much Apprentice!
davidf515

Postby davidf515 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:47 pm

Hello Apprentice. Hope you’re well.

I have been using this Strategy for a while now and it’s working exactly as requested. I know that in my initial description of the Strategy, I requested that the new positions be entered upon the exit of the old positions, that is, the Stops or TP’s for each level would be at the opposing level. This is how the Strategy normally operates.

However, I had wanted to try placing my stops short of the opposing level to see how that would work. For instance, in Breakout Mode, The Upper Buy Price and the Lower Sell Price 20 pips apart, with each having their stop at 10 pips, right in the middle. As there is a separate input each for Stop and TP, I thought this would be possible, but it doesn’t seem to be. No matter where I set my Stop distance (in Breakout Mode), it seems to be tied to the opposing Entry level. Same for the TP in Range Mode.

Looking back, I realize that the Strategy in its current form is indeed exactly what I asked for. However, I was wondering if it would be too much trouble to make it to where the Stop and TP can be different than the opposing level. Not sure if this is an easy change or requires re-writing the whole thing, so it may be asking a lot.

Please let me know. Thanks again.
davidf515

Postby Apprentice » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:49 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 263.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

PreviousNext

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests