Request for a Japanese Candlestick Signal

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Request for a Japanese Candlestick Signal

Postby super84 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:22 am

I would like to quote a Japanese Candlestick Signal on my trading charting. The inside contains something like bullish harami,bearish engulfing,hammer,etc... alert..

Is it possible to quote this program ?
super84

Re: Request for a Japanese Candlestick Signal

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue May 04, 2010 4:07 pm

Sorry for delay in response. This request is just come to the top of my development queue.

The main problem in pattern recognizing system development is the testing. Currently we have two candle pattern indicator.

The first is a port of the MT4 candle pattern (see here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=696) . This indicator provides exactly the same patterns as the MT4 implementation (I checked both on the same FXCM's data), but it looks like the recognizing is not pretty precise on the FOREX data. At least it does not provide patterns when it should.

The second is our own indicator (see here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=903) which looks more precise but recognizes only 15 popular patterns.

The main job here is describe and then to test all these new patters in the indicators. So, the quote is pretty simple: if you are ready to participate in the development - you are welcome and this will really hasten the development. You don't need to "program". Just describe conditions for the patterns and then test whether the new version of the indicator works well.

When we will have a good indicator - it will not be a problem to create the signal which notifies you when a new candle pattern appears.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby dwrench » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Hello,
I would be willing to participate.
The alerts don't need to cover all 15 patterns.
Doji, Hammers, and Shooting Stars should be everything.
Thanks for your invaluable efforts,
dwrench
dwrench

Postby Alexander.Gettinger » Fri May 03, 2019 6:47 pm

Please try this strategy:
Japanese_Candlestick_Strategy.lua
(24.01 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
Alexander.Gettinger
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests