TMA+CG+Martingale EA

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Re: TMA+CG+Martingale EA

Postby ericcky » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:46 am

Thank you so much in making this EA available so soon.

I've done some test on the EA, looks like its almost there. I found an issue with the Martingale function, the subsequent orders opened after the first trade order was triggered does not grow in lot size. Here is my Martingale settings:

MartingaleSection=
martingale_type=1
martingale_lot_sizing_type=1
martingale_lot_value=1.5
martingale_step_type=1
martingale_step=15

You can see the attached screenshot labelled 1 (in red) that the lot size remained the same.

I also found that the 'close on opposite signal' did not work. As you can see from the screen shot, there was a sell arrow but it did not close the above trades. Here my settings:

GeneralSection=
GeneralSectionDesc=https://github.com/sibvic/mq4-templates/wiki/EA_Base-template-parameters
ecn_broker=false
entry_logic=0
exit_logic=0
lots_value=0.01
lots_type=1
slippage_points=5
trading_side=2
logic_direction=0
close_on_opposite=true

Truly appreciate the help you have done!
Attachments
TMA2.png
ericcky

Postby Apprentice » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 309.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Apprentice » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:22 am

изображение.png

You are using the min. lot size: 0.01. 0.01 & 1.5 is 0.015 with is round to 0.01 because of the lot step. And it could be ordinary positions (not martingale ones). I don't have any issues with Martingale. Close on opposite works as well.
Apprentice

Postby ericcky » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:58 am

ahhh... i see.. i thought it would retain the calculation of 0.01, 0.01x1.5, 0.015x1.5... ...

I've updated the lot size of 0.02. We shall see how it goes. :)

I'll monitor the trades, found a few trades that i'm not sure how it got triggered. Will further investigate.

Thank you for all your effort.
ericcky

Postby ericcky » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:14 pm

Hi Apprentice,

I noticed that some of my trades are not opening when the BUY/SELL arrow comes out. I have captured a screenshot of one of this non-triggering.

Or Am i Wrong to assume that the entry will be triggered if there is a BUY/SELL arrow?

Like always, thank you for your help and patience.
Attachments
TMA3.jpg
ericcky

Postby ericcky » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:32 pm

Hi Apprentice,

I noticed two other potential issues. I will post them in two different posts with screenshot to help you analyze the potential issues.

First issue is I notice there are error logs on TP not being able to be deployed. Please see the screenshot.
Attachments
TMA4.png
ericcky

Postby ericcky » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:38 pm

HI Apprentice,

This is the 2nd post of for the issue that I noticed.

issue 2 is regarding the entry points, as you can see from the screen shot, the pink numbers and squares are the trades that had weird entries, as you can see from the chart, the price did not touch the upper band of the indicator, not sure why it was triggered. The green square and number is the right way the trade should be triggered.

issue 3 is regarding the martingale, as you can see the red wording and square, the multiplication did not happen.

Thank you as always for all the effort and help you have given!
Attachments
TMA5.png
ericcky

Postby Apprentice » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:27 am

1.png

2.png

3.png

I've attached the EA with advanced logging for the user + some optimization.
There is a parameter which turns on the logging for the decision making.

EA will print everything on each bar close (loggin works with bar close only trading), explaining it's decision.

This will help to understand why it has opened/not opened the trade.
And at the current requirements most of the trades are opened not by martingale but by the main logic itself. Martingale works with the latest opened trade, but there are a lot of trades opened by the main logic. You can limit number of opened trades by the main logic using Position cap feature.
TMA+CG+Martingale_EA.mq4
(127.17 KiB) Downloaded 509 times
Apprentice

Postby Gilles » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:07 am

hi Apprentice,
Please add a LUA version.
thank you.
See you soon !
Gilles
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby ericcky » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:19 am

Hi Apprentice,

AH! I see what you mean now. I think there is a miscommunication on the martingale part. :)

The first main logic entry is correct, every subsequent main logic entry IF the 1st entry is still open, please initiate martingale trade for the 2nd 3rd 4th..... entry base on the main logic. :)

Meaning if:

1. the price closed at/below the lower band (1.0000) then a BUY trade will open a 0.02 (or whatever lots that was configured).

2. Next bar drops a little further and closed at 0.9900, another BUY will open a trade of 0.03 lots (if multiplication factor is 1.5)

3. Next bar closed and Price Drops even more - 0.9000, another BUY is triggered with 0.04lots.

4. continue until it raises and hits the basket TP equivalent of x pips that is set.

I hope i have clarified my strategy. I'm sorry for the confusion caused.

Thank you for your help!
ericcky

PreviousNext

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests