Modifiable EMA'S and Isolated Kumo Cloud

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Modifiable EMA'S and Isolated Kumo Cloud

Postby aarons_alive » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:45 am

Hi,

May i just say first of all that this site is a dream come true. The fact that you folks do this for free is worthy of a sainthood. I have been looking for this stuff for years but never got around to learning how to programme. I have never had the chance, but this site has opened my eyes.

Anyway, if anyone could help me out here i would be more than grateful. Here is what i need;

I use a 21 and 13 EMA crossover. I have seen SMA and MA crossovers on this site but they are not smooth enough for me...too much noise. So if any of you guys could design a signal that warns me about a 21/13 Crossover (these parameters could be variable, also timeframe could be variable but i use 4hr), the very moment these EMA's cross, that would be a dream. Even after a close would be ok. Prefarably i would want to know the moment it happens though. Have a look below at the pic.

Also, with respect to the Ichimoku indicator in Marketscope; is it possible to have just the Kumo cloud on its own without the noisy selection of accompanying MA's; as you can see above i have removed those lines such as Kijun & Teckan, and i just have the Kumo cloud and the EMA's...is this possible with Marketscope?

one other thing (you may be sick of me now), the image below shows a renko chart that i use for broad-based signaling. But the instruments are currency shares traded on an exchange, and not the FX market, hence close at 4pm EST which is kind of pointless for me(it does the job sometimes but can give false signals due to the timezones, i am GMT). Now, i know there is code for Renko on this site but it does not work in Marketscope. If someone could fix it, it would be great but would they look at adding an ATR to it to guage brick size? Like they have done in my stockchart image below...i really dont know how stockcharts have worked it out, but it works and its the corner stone of a profitable and relatively stress free system.

See what they are doing with the ATR???

Anyhow, thats me done. If anyone could look into this for me...they will be on my christmas card list!

Cheers

Aaron

aaronwontbudge@yahoo.co.uk
aarons_alive

Re: Modifiable EMA'S and Isolated Kumo Cloud

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:22 pm

aarons_alive wrote:May i just say first of all that this site is a dream come true.

You are welcome!

I use a 21 and 13 EMA crossover. I have seen SMA and MA crossovers on this site but they are not smooth enough for me...too much noise. So if any of you guys could design a signal that warns me about a 21/13 Crossover (these parameters could be variable, also timeframe could be variable but i use 4hr),

The standard MA crossover will work for you well. Just change the smoothing method from MVA to EMA.
ma.PNG

aarons_alive wrote:Also, with respect to the Ichimoku indicator in Marketscope; is it possible to have just the Kumo cloud on its own without the noisy selection of accompanying MA's; as you can see above i have removed those lines such as Kijun & Teckan, and i just have the Kumo cloud and the EMA's...is this possible with Marketscope?

Yes, it is possible to create the ICH version which shows the cloud only, but all these MA's parameters are still required to calculate the correct SA line.

aarons_alive wrote:... If someone could fix it, it would be great but would they look at adding an ATR to it to guage brick size? Like they have done in my stockchart image below...i really dont know how stockcharts have worked it out, but it works and its the corner stone of a profitable and relatively stress free system.

Renco charts are in the development queue. I'll add your request to this dev. task to do not forget to pay attention on it.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Re: Modifiable EMA'S and Isolated Kumo Cloud

Postby aarons_alive » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:35 pm

Wow, i never even knew that the smoothing option existed...i just seen MA Cross and automatically assumed it would be too noisey. This software is starting to get interesting indeed! Im am like a little kid a sweet shop! Niiiice. As for the Renko, there is no rush, i can use stockcharts...i am a happy man now that i dont have to wait around for days on an EMA cross...you have saved me a fortune.

Keep up the good work folks... and get a donate button on this site!

All the best.

Aaron
aarons_alive

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests