Double QQE as an Entry/Exit indicator

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Double QQE as an Entry/Exit indicator

Postby mhsr3dx » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:18 pm

Hi. I found this amazing modification of a QQE in TradingView that works with great success as an Entry/Exit Indicator (image uploaded in attachment). Basically there are two QQEs in one script. One that is shown on the chart as columns, and the other "hidden" in the background which also has a 50 MA bollinger band acting as a zero line. When both of them agree - you get a blue or a red bar. This way it also filters out many bad trades.

Is it possible to get this as MQ4 and with the same input parameters as the attached screenshot? Here is a link to the code: https://www.tradingview.com/script/TpUW4muw-QQE-MOD/
Attachments
Double QQE.PNG
Input Parameters.PNG
mhsr3dx

Re: Double QQE as an Entry/Exit indicator

Postby Apprentice » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:58 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 1603.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby mhsr3dx » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:00 am

Thank you so much.
mhsr3dx

Postby mhsr3dx » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:28 am

Dear Apprentice,

I get the following error when adding this to the chart: "Please, install the 'QQE' indicator"
mhsr3dx

Postby mhsr3dx » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:07 am

Ok, the error I managed to resolve, but something seems to be wrong with the calculation within the code. The values of the golden line are way off, meaning they're too high compare to histo bar values so there is no chance of a crossover (which act as signal). Also the colorings of the histo bars are not being plotted correctly. In many places where there should be blue/red signal bars, there are grey bars (which sort of filter bad trades). I have attached screenshot of both the MT4 indicator and the reference indicator. Both are taken on the same pair, same point in time and same timeframe.
Attachments
Double QQE.PNG
This is the converted indi on MT4
Reference QQE.PNG
This is the original one from TradingView
mhsr3dx

Postby Apprentice » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:20 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 1615.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby mhsr3dx » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:50 pm

Dear savior Apprentice! Thank you thank you thank you. I have been checking the new version out. There are still some small differences compared to the original, BUT that seems to have actually made it even BETTER than the original. Thank you thank you thank you!
mhsr3dx

Postby Mactormind » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:27 am

Hello, Im trying to add the Double QQE to my chart but mt4 just flashes after adding then nothing happens. Can anyone help?
Mactormind

Next

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests