Custom Strategy request - FVG

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

Custom Strategy request - FVG

Postby wildturkey » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:57 am

Hi Apprentice,

Have you previously made a custom Fair Value Gap indicator for FXCM similar to this luxalgo one on trading view?

https://www.tradingview.com/script/jWY4 ... p-LuxAlgo/

With that in mind, would it be possible to write one for fxcm with similar features?

Then I’d like to build a strategy from that indicator that would use the following logic:

Buy Logic:

If a bullish fair value gap is created on x timeframe, a buy order is placed at the top of it and the stop order placed at the bottom.

Sell Logic:

If a bearing fair value gap is created on x timeframe, a sell order is placed at the bottom of it and the stop order placed at the top.

Optional features:

I’d also like to be able to tune the entry, for example being able to place the buy/sell entries at either 23.6%, 38.2%, 50% or 61.8% of the top/bottom of the FVG depending if its short or long.
I’d also like the option of being able to adjust entries and stops depending on the size of the fair value gap. For example:

If a bullish fair value gap is less than 50 pips, place the entry at the top of it and the stop at the bottom.

If a bullish fair value gap is greater than 51 pips place the entry order at x 23.6% of the fair value gap and the stop at either the bottom or 61.8% of the fair value gap.

Thankyou in advance.
wildturkey

Re: Custom Strategy request - FVG

Postby Apprentice » Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:56 am

We have added your request to the development list.
Development reference 153
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests