trading session highlight extention

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

trading session highlight extention

Postby a135711 » Mon May 03, 2010 9:20 pm

the trading session highlight indicator is outstanding work. i would suggest that it be extended to provide the same session identification to oscillators such as RSI,CCI, MACD, RLW in addition to display on the chart itself. the user should be able to select from a list of stable and proven oscillators, specific oscillator parameters, as well as, select from all current options available to the trading session highlight indicator. the hi low function of the trading session highlighter should be adapted to the hi and low of the oscillator during the session.

more advanced refinements could include the incorporation of the logic of the auto-trend lines to draw trend lines from the previous market session highs( and lows) to the current session highs and lows. if there is an instance of the market session highlighter on the chart and on an oscillator, then logic can be developed to compare the slopes of the intersession trend of the oscillator and the inter-session trend of the price action. this comparison of slopes can then correlated and compared and produce signals for convergence, divergence, neither convergence nor divergence. moreover, the resultant of the slope comparison can then be used to feed a output stream in the same oscillator, perhaps bars or dots, that would provide a visual of the slope convergence/divergence of the trend lines. the thresholds for the signals could either be user selected or automatic calculated according to R-squared equation.

even further advancements could include, since the we are dealing with slopes derived from data, is statistics,probability, and higher order equations based on the convergent/divergent slope data. we will consider these later if we can achieve the integration detailed above

even with all of this advance functioning, if possible, what i see when i trade is one chart, one oscillator line. session highlights on both windows, four trend lines, and one dot or bar graph that shows divergence and it produces three signals. very clean and and very efficient presentation of important information, i would.

thank you in advance for your consideration
a135711

Re: trading session highlight extention

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue May 04, 2010 7:02 am

If it is possible, I prefer to wait for the next version of the Marketscope before implementing such indicator. I have "ordered" an ability to choose one or more indicators with all indicator parameters as a parameter of another indicator. So, it will be much simpler to develop this request having such functionality. The first beta is expected in a few weeks.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby Apprentice » Tue May 04, 2010 7:30 am

Oscillator Extension and Zig Zag from session highs lows are in my development cue.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby a135711 » Tue May 04, 2010 11:06 am

is it if it is possible to "draw forward" either on the chart or in an oscillator from some datetime to some future datetime?
a135711

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue May 04, 2010 3:49 pm

Yes, it's possible.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests