MVA signal request

If you need an Indicator or Signal developed or translated from other language, please post all Indicator development REQUESTS to this section here.

Moderator: admin

MVA signal request

Postby Dreizack » Tue May 04, 2010 4:44 am

Hi folks!
Maybe someone can help me: I need a simple signal for THE PRICE (different periods, from tick to
daily, preferentially bid) crossing a MVA (moving average of different periods, from 5 to 200).
I do not know if this is difficult or simple, but the creation is definitely beyond my IT competencies.

Thanks in advance and have a nice trading day

Dreizack
Dreizack

Re: MVA signal request

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue May 04, 2010 6:56 am

Such signal exists in the standard set of the signals. It's called MA CROSS.
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Postby Dreizack » Tue May 04, 2010 10:10 am

Hi and thanks for the fast reply.
... that's what I thought at a first glance, too. But MA CROSS is a signal, when the fast MVA crosses the slow MVA ... but that's not what I meant. I thought of a signal when a PRICE BAR or CANDLE (different periods, from tick to daily, preferentially bid) crosses a MVA (moving average of different periods, from 5 to 200).

Thanks, Dreizack
Dreizack

Postby Dreizack » Tue May 04, 2010 11:27 am

... hmmmm, that's what I thought first, too. But the MVA CROSS is a signal for the fast and slow MVA
lines crossing. I rather thought of a PRICE BAR / PRICE CANDLE crossing a specific MVA line.

Best Regards

Dreizack
Dreizack

Postby Dreizack » Tue May 04, 2010 3:54 pm

... ah, sorry folks, sorry ... Took some time for the fast line in my brains to catch up with the slow line: setting slow MVA to the desired value and fast MVA to one ... Sorry!

Thanks
Dreizack
Dreizack

Postby Nikolay.Gekht » Tue May 04, 2010 3:56 pm

In the common case the simple moving average of 1 period is equal to the price itself, so we can still think about as price as about the moving average. :-)

Let's try to make the task more clear for me.

The current MA cross signal operates either on ticks or on close prices of the chosen time frame.

Do you want to select price (open, close, high, low, median, typical, weighted) for each of these two moving averages separately?

E.g.
fast is EMA of close price of 20 periods and slow is MVA of 200 periods of median?
or
fast is MVA of high price of 1 period (i.e. just high price) and slow is WMA of 30 prices of low.

Do you want to select different time frames for these MVA?

e.g.
fast is EMA of 1 minute of close prices and slow is EMA of 5 minute median price?

p.s. Looks like we write the same idea in the same time. :-)))
Nikolay.Gekht
FXCodeBase: Site Admin

Return to Indicator and Signal Requests