FX Strategy Wizard Beta

Moderator: admin

Re: FX Strategy Wizard Beta

Postby Cactus » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:40 pm

Is there a planned update for this tool? Like adding a way to overcome the 60 upvalues error when adding too many parameters or indicators, new functions?
Never chase the money, let the money come to me
Cactus
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby Julia CJ » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:14 am

Hi LearningByDoing,

Can I use the wizard to create an indicator of an indicator?

You can create by using Strategy Wizard the strategy or signal only. But it is impossible to create the indicator using this application.

Thank you for the note in Help. In its content we will change some wording.
Julia CJ

Postby Julia CJ » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:52 am

Hi Cactus,

Unfortunately,we do not consider the updating of Strategy Wizard in the near future.
Julia CJ

Postby Babenco » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:26 pm

Julia CJ wrote:Hi LearningByDoing,

Please read more detailed information to get a required result:

1) Open Regedit program (it should connect with Windows).

2)Then adhere this path:

Computer\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CandleWorks\FXTS2

Please note the system version is 32bit or 64 bit.

In the FXTS folder you need to find InstallPath file. If there is not such file, please create it in the FXTS folder.
For the creating InstallPath file click the right mouse button on any place of right half field.

Then click – Create, after that chose Expandable String Parameter. The new file will be named “InstallPath”.

Further two times click the left mouse button precisely on installPath file, the pop-up window with empty line will open. In this line specify such path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2
After it open FX Strategy Wizard, It will work well.
Please write your result or questions.

Hi Julia and everybody, I'm new in this forum.
I am experiencing the same issue as Stazitoforex and LearningByDoing, but I still wasn't able to solve it.
I have no experience about modifying registry, however, As LearningByDoing, I've created the keys Candleworks and FXTS2 under the folder Wow6432Node. Then I've created Installpath, and I've setted its data with the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2, but it doesn't work yet (see also image attached).
My installation path is C:\Programmi\Candleworks\FXTS2, then there is the folder "indicators" and, under this, the 2 folders "Custom" and "Standard".
Can you kindly help me? Many thanks.

Babenco

Postby Julia CJ » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:40 am

Hi Babenco,

Welcome to the forum!

You have done everything correctly. This path is going to the FXTS2 folder, because the Strategy Wizard reads all indicators from two folders: custom and standart. If you have the problem, please reinstall the application after this setting. Otherwise, send me the snapshot with appeared issue.
Julia CJ

Postby Babenco » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:48 pm

Thank you Julia, unfortunately, it doesn't work yet.
I have unistalled and reistalled the wizard. The problem is that when I chose the indicators, it shows me only SHIFT_I and SHIFT_O. :cry:
Any other suggestions?
Thanks a lot.
Babenco

Postby Julia CJ » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:53 am

Hi Babenco,

Actually, when I deleted InstallPath file, the Wizard application offered the “other” indicators as at this image (the same result you have):
without InstallPath.png

This can also contribute the following reasons apart from absence of this file :
1) The entered line in InstallPath file:

should contain exact this path. At the end of this line ..\FXTS2 delete the space, the last simbol is 2. If the space will be after 2, it does not work. Please check it.

2) Second reason (a less probable) is uncorrect compliance of the entered path.
Note, if you have the beta version of FXTS your way will be the following:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CandleWorks\FXTS2.Dev

In FXTS2.Dev folder create the Expandable String Parameter file with InstallPath name and write the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2.Dev

Verify this path as I have written in 1 point.

Please write about received result.
Julia CJ

Postby Cactus » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:53 pm

When creating signals using the wizard they only appear once a new signal is generated. Can I see the "past" signals looking at the chart data?

Also when you move the chart or zoom out the signal arrows can disappear. Same with switching chart asset and going back.

How can I see all my signals generated by the strategy on past data as arrows or points so that they stay in place?
Cactus

Postby Cactus » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:17 pm

Also how can I see signals generated on tick timeframe on other timeframes? For example, my arrows appear on the tick timeframe, but if I run the signal on 1m timeframe I will not see the arrows. I would like to see them below/above the candlesticks
Cactus

Postby Babenco » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:00 am

Julia CJ wrote:Hi Babenco,

Actually, when I deleted InstallPath file, the Wizard application offered the “other” indicators as at this image (the same result you have):
without InstallPath.png

This can also contribute the following reasons apart from absence of this file :
1) The entered line in InstallPath file:

should contain exact this path. At the end of this line ..\FXTS2 delete the space, the last simbol is 2. If the space will be after 2, it does not work. Please check it.

2) Second reason (a less probable) is uncorrect compliance of the entered path.
Note, if you have the beta version of FXTS your way will be the following:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CandleWorks\FXTS2.Dev

In FXTS2.Dev folder create the Expandable String Parameter file with InstallPath name and write the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2.Dev

Verify this path as I have written in 1 point.

Please write about received result.

Hi Julia, I've checked both but unfortunately it doesn't work yet.
Maybe could help to know my trading station version? (see image below). I use it in demo mode.
Many thanks.

Babenco

PreviousNext

Return to Indicator Development