FX Strategy Wizard Beta

The beta versions of the Trading Stations and Marketscope

Moderator: admin

FX Strategy Wizard Beta

Postby sunshine » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:59 am

The beta version of the FX Strategy Wizard is available for public testing.

You can download the release here.

Please find step-by-step instructions on how to create a simple strategy by using FX Strategy Wizard in this article.
sunshine

Re: FX Strategy Wizard Beta

Postby fxcatty » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:35 pm

Great feature!

I am trying to use FX Strategy Wizard, but I can not figure out how to load other custom indicators. Is this not possible? During the beta version are we only allowed to use 'standard' indicators that come with basic installation? I'm trying to load CCI indicator , Elliot Wave Oscillator, and SuperTrend indicators.

Thanks a lot,
Matt
fxcatty

Postby sunshine » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:30 am

Hi Matt,

It is possible to use custom indicators in FX Strategy Wizard Beta.
To be able to use them, you should import the custom indicators in Marketscope first. Then, you should restart FX Strategy Wizard and the indicators will appear in the wizard.
sunshine

Postby fxcatty » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:11 am

Hi,

I have them already installed within MarketScope using the import feature, but they are still not available to select from list of indicators. I have copied the indicators into the directories too for a solution but it did not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt
fxcatty

Postby sunshine » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:33 pm

You should also restart the Wizard. I have double-checked and this works for me.
sunshine

Postby fxcatty » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:03 am

I have restarted the Strategy Wizard along with my Trading Station platform. It is still showing a small default list of indicators. What folder should I copy the custom indicators into? I have tried everything, but refuse to give up.

I'm trying to add a CCI indicator, Supertrend indicator, and Elliot Wave oscillator.

Thanks for the continued help.
Matt
fxcatty

Postby sunshine » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:21 am

Could you please make a screenshot of indicators list you see in FX Strategy Wizard?
Are indicators in FX Strategy Wizard and Marketscope the same?

Please also tell did you install FX Strategy Wizard in the default folder?

It also would be great if you could make a screenshot of the TS indicators folder (the default path is "C:\Program Files\Candleworks\FXTS2\indicators\Custom\").
sunshine

Postby fxcatty » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:39 am

sunshine wrote:Could you please make a screenshot of indicators list you see in FX Strategy Wizard?
Are indicators in FX Strategy Wizard and Marketscope the same?

Please also tell did you install FX Strategy Wizard in the default folder?

It also would be great if you could make a screenshot of the TS indicators folder (the default path is "C:\Program Files\Candleworks\FXTS2\indicators\Custom\").

Hello, I have attached the screenshot of the indicator list I see in FX Strategy Wizard and a screenshot of the TS Indicators folder.

The indicators i n FX Strategy Wizard are NOT the same as Marketscope. I installed FX Strategy Wizard in the c:\Gehtsoft . Thanks again.
fxcatty

Postby sunshine » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:35 am

It is most likely that you have chosen the indicator data source which uses tick timeframe.
In this case, the wizard will show only indicators which can be drawn on ticks in the indicators list.

wizard.PNG

To be able to use bar indicators, you should choose the data source which is based on non-tick timeframe (m1 or higher).

By the way, similar behavior will be also implemented in the nearest Marketscope release which is expected this summer.
sunshine

Postby fxcatty » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:42 am

No that was not the solution. I will continue to try getting this to work. The thing that confuses me the most is the fact that not even the CCI indicator is on the list of 'default' indicators. Any other suggestions? I am going to keep trying and if I get things to work I will share the solution.
fxcatty

Next

Return to Beta Versions