Problem with New version of Trading Station

The beta versions of the Trading Stations and Marketscope

Moderator: admin

Problem with New version of Trading Station

Postby fxtraderss » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Sir,

I have just downloaded the new version of the the platform Trading Station on the website of FXCM.

However, this new version does not display the indicator of the bigger timeframe.

For instance, if I display the ichimoku indicator for a monthly period on a daily chart, or 1h chart, the Monthly kijun and tenkan lines are not show on the most recent bar of the lower time frame. Same situation for other indicators like bollinger bands.

This is not convenient for my because I trade on a 5 minutes chart using bigger time frame indicators, but now I cannot see the indicators of bigger time frame (monthly, weekly, daily) on a 5 minute chart.

Could you please help to fix this issue ?

Many thanks in advance.
fxtraderss

Re: Problem with New version of Trading Station

Postby Apprentice » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:38 am

ICH.png

As you can see,
i have add weekly ICH to m5 chart.

Try this fix, before we proceed.

Deinstall your TS,
install the latest version from FXCM site.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby fxtraderss » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:04 am

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. I really appreciate it.

I have deinstalled TS and installed the latest version.

I still have the same issue, but not for all bigger timeframes.

For instance, the WEEKLY ichimoku is properly shown in a 5-minute chart and 1H chart.

But the MONTHLY ichimoku is not properly shown in a 5 minute chart and 1H chart.

The MONTHLY Tenkan and Kijun are not shown on the most recent 5 days on a daily time frame. Therefore, I cannot see them on a 5 minute chart and 1H chart. Unfortunately, I do not know how to attach the picture.

I also have this problem with other indicators for other timeframes where the indicator is not shown untill the end of the data (for instance Daily TBB on a 5 minute chart).

Could you please help to fix this issue ?

Many thanks in advance.
Best regards.
fxtraderss

Postby Valeria » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:08 am

Hi fxtraderss,

If you use the ichimoku indicator, say, for a 1 month period on a 5 minutes chart it can take time wile the prices are downloaded. Probably the indicator will be out of the visible aria, so you should scroll down to see the indicator.
Valeria

Postby fxtraderss » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:35 am

Hi Valeria,

Thank you for you reply.

The problem is the monthly ichi is not shown for most recent 5 days. Same issue for other indicators on other timeframes.

I did not have this issue with the previous version of the Trading plateform.

Best regards.
fxtraderss

Postby Valeria » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:15 am

Hi fxtraderss,

In new version of TS indicators are plotted from the middle of one period to the middle of next period. You can scroll the chart back and you will see the end of the indicator. Please try the table mode (to set it, click the Chart Mode button on the toolbar) to check the indicator values:
chartmode.PNG
Valeria

Return to Beta Versions