Trading Station/Marketscope 2013-II Beta

The beta versions of the Trading Stations and Marketscope

Moderator: admin

Re: Trading Station/Marketscope 2013-II Beta

Postby boss_hogg » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:12 am

My view of the optimiser graph, is that it's ok for a rough view of good and bad results. For anything detailed though, a graphical representation is just too vague. Making it more complex would probably not help me.

My measure of a successful strategy is the profit/max drawdown ratio; all the rest, you can adjust with number of lots and leverage. To this extent, no graph could give me the detail I need, but what would really help me (i.e. save me from exporting to excel, add columns, etc for each backtest) would be the addition to the Optimiser's criteria of a "profit/max drawdown" ratio , would this be possible?

(by "mac drawdown" I mean the fifth column from the end of the optimiser's results, in between min and final gross capital)

TakisGen wrote:Hey Alex,

Alexey.Pechurin wrote:Actually we could provide such mode in one of next releases if it's really useful.

I really do not know what is useful and what is not. I am on the search :)
I am just saying that for those who can "see" a third dimension in a flat representation,
this might mean something.
Looking at the graph, i feel something is misleading and the results list
does not provide for multicolumn sorting.
The graph as it is, is excellent for quick navigation to the best result item
inside the first two selected dimensions. This is not what i am looking for in a graph
but hidden patterns :)
Btw, i am thinking of a custom column in the results list that could be written from within the strategy with arbitrary user data. That i would consider useful.

Best Regards,
Takis
boss_hogg
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby boss_hogg » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:25 am

There is one issue with the new version (01.13.092613) : in both TSII and Marketscope, when I select Create view, there are no options for Kagi, Renko or p&f diagrams, check the screenshot. Btw, the greek translation means "Show creation" instead of "Create view" :p

And one more thing: in the previous version of the strategy optimiser, if all backtesting parameters were in place, I could click the Start button even from e.g. the Market Data tab. Now the Start button is greyed out and I have to click Next all the way to the last tab (Optimiser); only then I can click on Start.

Can we revert to the "old' behaviour? I feel this is one more needless "all in order" feature (like the 10.000.000 limit on parameters combinations which I reported on another thread) that just makes life more difficult for us.
boss_hogg

Postby Valeria » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:46 am

Hi boss_hogg,

There is the criteria Balance and minimal fall of balance
It is calculated as FinalBalance * (1 - MaxFallBalance / InitialAmount). Is it what you needed?
Valeria

Postby Valeria » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:54 am

Hi boss_hogg,

I have not managed to reproduce the issue. The only way to reproduce it is to restart the optimization and change the instrument in Market Data. But this behavior was in the previous version too.
Valeria

Postby boss_hogg » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:12 am

No, what I need is the following: (FinalBalance - InitialAmount) / MaxFallBalance

Valeria wrote:Hi boss_hogg,

There is the criteria Balance and minimal fall of balance
It is calculated as FinalBalance * (1 - MaxFallBalance / InitialAmount). Is it what you needed?
boss_hogg

Postby boss_hogg » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:16 am

I checked again and you are absolutely right, this is when it happens. It's just that I was recently backtesting a strategy on many different instruments and got annoyed but this behaviour. It's nothing major, but a fix would be welcome.

Valeria wrote:Hi boss_hogg,

I have not managed to reproduce the issue. The only way to reproduce it is to restart the optimization and change the instrument in Market Data. But this behavior was in the previous version too.
boss_hogg

Postby Valeria » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:17 pm

Hi boss_hogg,

No, what I need is the following: (FinalBalance - InitialAmount) / MaxFallBalance

Thank you for the suggestion. Your request is added to the wish-list.
Valeria

Postby robocod » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:34 pm

I noticed that the Renko Bar "view" does not show the (tick) volume for the Renko bars. Is this something that can be added?
robocod
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby Valeria » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Hi robocod,

I have forwarded your request to the developers. Thank you for the suggestion.
Valeria

Postby Kingpin » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:40 am

When will you update the normal TSII? The last beta (01.13.103113) is much more newer than the normal version (01.13.092613)

WBR
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Versions