The beta version of the Trading Station/Marketscope 2016-R1

The beta versions of the Trading Stations and Marketscope

Moderator: admin

The beta version of the Trading Station/Marketscope 2016-R1

Postby Julia CJ » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:02 am

The beta version of the Trading Station/Marketscope 2016-R1-beta1 is available for public testing.

Please read the beta-testing license agreement carefully before installing the beta version.

You can download the beta version using the following link: http://fxcodebase.com/bin/products/FXTS ... l_beta.exe

What's New?

Trading Station

The Trading Station application is now able to simulate the trading process using the historical market data. It allows to practice trading, to do error analysis session after a trading and to analyze strategies using the historical data. For these purposes the FX Trading Station should be switched to the "Simulation mode". You can do it using the "New" command in the "Simulation Mode" submenu of the "System" menu or using the Simulation Mode button on toolbar. The Simulation Mode window looks almost the same as those of the Real and Demo accounts. But in Simulation Mode, you trade using a test account, and no real money is gained or lost. Moreover, no connection to the trading server is required in this case.

- The “Symbol List” view is updated. Now it shows not only the standard symbols groups but also users groups of symbols (watchlists)

Marketscope

- Arrows chart tools. They may be found in Shapes group.

- Ability to limit the disk space occupied by Quotes Manager cache. The quotes that were not used for a long time are removed automatically when more space is required. Use Quotes Manager Settings dialog which can be opened using File -> Quotes Manager -> Settings Marketscope menu command.

- Autosaving of Marketscope layouts and ability to restore the last saved Marketscope layout when Markretscope is crashed. Layout here means charts
opened in Marketscope window with all their elements. It does not mean a layout saved by a user with some name.

- Fixed the following problem
viewtopic.php?p=104889#p104889

- When Open Chart command is used in Trading Station window a user can choose where to open the chart.
Julia CJ

Re: The beta version of the Trading Station/Marketscope 2016

Postby agoraphile38 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:53 am

Hi Julia,

Is it also fixing the problem I reported jan 12th (viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40395&start=100#p104239) ?

Thanks and regards,
Agora
agoraphile38

Postby Julia CJ » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:37 am

Hi Agora,

In the current production version of TS should not be such error. It was fixed. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Thank you.
Julia CJ

Postby dtb71fxcm » Wed May 18, 2016 11:29 am

Simulation Mode is REALLY cool!

Curious, is there a programmatic way (in an indicator or strategy) to cause the Simulation to Pause? It'd be awesome if we could program a condition that once hit, would pause the simulation so the user can decide what to do (open new trade, scale out, close trade, etc).

In essence, it would emulate a real-world scenario where specific conditions (in an indicator or strategy) trigger an email Alert to the trader; trader then comes to the chart to review and make a decision.

If the indicator or strategy could cause the Simulation to Pause it'd be a great way to back-test this type of system.

Thanks!
dtb71fxcm

Postby Julia CJ » Thu May 19, 2016 7:56 am

Hi Dtb71fxcm,

Thank you for this idea.
I have added it to the development wish-list.
Julia CJ

Postby dtb71fxcm » Thu May 19, 2016 10:51 am

Is there a hot-key or shortcut-key that operates the Play and Pause buttons while in the simulation mode?

Also, it would be ideal if you could change the simulation speed while the simulation is paused. I noticed I could not adjust the speed while it is paused, only while running.

Thanks!
dtb71
dtb71fxcm

Postby Julia CJ » Fri May 20, 2016 4:02 am

Hi Dtb71fxcm,

You can set your shortcut what you want. This function is available in the Menu: System -> Shortcuts. Unfortunatelly, the speed can not be changed in the "simulation is paused" mode.
This request will be considered in the coming days. I have added it to the wish-list.

Thank you.
Julia CJ

Postby Spidey » Sat May 21, 2016 6:41 am

This beta is much more stable than the current production version. I'm not having crashes every 30-60 minutes. The simulation mode is also great.

However, there is a bug with the trading table version function ( core.host:findTable("trades"):version() ). Table version returned is always 0. I cannot run my strategy as it depends on this function. Can you please please post a fix as this version is so much more stable for my live trading.

thanx
Spidey

Postby Julia CJ » Mon May 23, 2016 8:05 am

Hi Spidey,

This is a really bug. We will add its fix in the following installation. But, probably, it will not be included in 2016-R1 release.

Thank you for letting us know about it.
Julia CJ

Postby dtb71fxcm » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:04 pm

What is the difference between this beta version (FXTS2DevInstall_beta), and the Trading Station developer version (FXTS2InstallDev_SSR) ?

The Trading Station developer version is discussed and can be downloaded here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=62966

When launching the beta version installer it says: FXTS 2016-R1 beta 041816
But there's no details, date timestamp or anything else when launching the developer version.

However, they both have the same default installation path of:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Candleworks\FXTS2.Dev

Are they completely different Trading Station versions, or different beta versions, or the same?

Thanks!
Dan
dtb71fxcm

Next

Return to Beta Versions