(NEW) Introduce dMACD strategy (Divergence on MACD Signals)

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: (NEW) Introduce dMACD strategy (Divergence on MACD Signals)

Postby Caalador » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:01 pm

Hmm, does that mean the indicators have to give the right signals? I just tried the standard one for ichimoku and it didn't seem to do anything in a backtest (with trade allowed)
Caalador

Postby hesessa » Sat May 14, 2011 4:46 pm

if configured it to start with the same currency pair (i.g EUR/USD) if i want to to short when the trend is down and go long when the trend is up, should i configure the price type one for ask and one for bid?

thx
hesessa

Postby Konstantin.Usanov » Mon May 16, 2011 7:06 am

..., you should not configure the price type one for ask and one for bid, since strategy will decide about certain trading operation automatically by divergence calculation.
Best regards,
Konstantin.
Konstantin.Usanov
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby WannabeSage » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:22 am

Question about Margin Care

First, thanks for providing this, it's working very well for me for the last 4 weeks.

I just noticed that when I have Margin Care activated, the strategy would not act even when a signal would reduce the position. For example, I have my margin set at 90%, and I am at 91% available. My open positions are long. The next long order would take it below margin requirement. But the system would not trigger even if the signal is short.

Is this intended behavior or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
WannabeSage

Postby Konstantin.Usanov » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:23 am

Hi WannabeSage,

You are welcome!

It’s intended behavior of strategy, but you have not real noticed about the “Margin Care” feature. Let me explain.

The “Margin Care” feature is based on values ‘usable margin’ and ‘equity’ of account selected for trading. These account’s attributes will be taken at work at moment when dMACDext strategy decide to make any trade operation (Buy or Sell). If calculated margin of account
Code: Select all
(account.UsableMargin / account.Equity) * 100
less or equal value from parameters then trade operation is not process.

In other words, the “Margin Care” feature is always acting prior to any trade operation produced by strategy.

This approach insures your account’s resources when the “AutoTrading” feature of dMACDext strategy is acting. Since, for example, you may have other trading operation (manual or produced by other strategies) that works on the same account and they also may reduce available account’s resources.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Konstantin.
Konstantin.Usanov
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby arindam89 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:59 am

Konstantin.Usanov wrote:Hi d10gen3!

The strategy was primary designed to produce trading operations due to all divergence occurrences, since is not benefit to lost or miss some of divergence signals for trading.

If you are real looking correct way to limit the produced orders (however, orders always follow divergence detection and this detections are not so much, basically, so and orders will be produced no so much), please use all available facilities:
Margin care”,
Profit/Loss care” or
Risk management” (full functional).

For additional information there is general algorithm of dMACDext strategy:

1. Strategy detects divergence (True or Hide).
2. Depends on trend movement strategy decides to buy or to sell.
3. Trade operation is beginning.
4. It does begin from checks.
5. First check is for Margin. (Margin of account compare with given value in parameters)
6. If margin of account (current value at this moment, moment of trade) less or equal
value from parameters then trade is not process.
7. Second check is P/L care. (GrossPL of account compare with given values in parameters)
8. If GrossPL of account (current value at this moment, moment of trade) more or less then corresponded values from parameters then trade is not process.
9. Otherwise, trade is continuing and True market order opens the position at currently available market rate for buy or sell direction depends on detected trend movement.
10. If risk management is using then Limit or Stop orders will be also opened at this moment.

Thanks.

hi
can u add profit/loss care link viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1985&p=8548&hilit=profit%2Floss+care#p8548
to the MA strategy link viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11075&p=23049&hilit=profit%2Floss+care#p23049
would be great ful to you if you could add profit/loss care parameter to the 2 MA strategy
thanks
by
arindam89

Postby eligason » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:30 pm

It seems that I am having a problem with this program. It is only executing short positions. There is probably something that I'm doing wrong but I cant figure it out.
Can someone help?
Thank You
eligason

Re: (NEW) Introduce dMACD strategy (Divergence on MACD Signa

Postby POPPJOBB » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi,
I am new to Strategy trading.
Please excuse my newbie question.
I am looking at and testing the MACD Histogram divergence on 4 hr timeframe.
I have read almost all the posts on the DMACD threads.
I cannot figure out what the exit of a trade is if there is no Stop or Limit set.
How is a Histogram Divergence trade exited?
POPPJOBB

Re: (NEW) Introduce dMACD strategy (Divergence on MACD Signa

Postby jetaro » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:59 am

Hi, I'm trying to run this strategy to trade live, but I notice in the strategies tab in Trading Station it shows "allow Trading" is set to no. I have "Is need to use autotrading" set to yes. Will it still do autotrading or is there some way for Trading Station to show allow trading set to yes? I am using version 2.3 of the dMACD strategy. Thanks in advance!
jetaro

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Strategies