CCI Strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: tick chart operating Strategy

Postby NID007 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:25 pm

Apprentice wrote:Nope, i do not have Tick Version.
I simply protect indicator, if the situation occurs, that the user uses the strategy on (T) ick Time Frame

Hi apprentice

I was told you could help me get a strategy that works on a tick time frame any srtategy please that trades long and short please its very important can you provide me with a good strategy that works on a tick Chart (tick feed data) there must be one. Dbfx told me they have clients trading a tick chart and not manually ,automated.Help please !!

many thanks
Nid007
NID007

Re: CCI Strategy

Postby PipStar » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:48 am

Hello

I have loaded the strategy and it looks like it should work as I had hoped. I do have a question. If I set the time frame to 1 hour will the alert sound when the indicator value crosses my indicated value or will the alert trigger on the close of the candle? If the alert is set to trigger on the close of the candle is there a way I can set it to trigger as soon as the indicator value crosses my overbought and oversold value? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JD
PipStar

Postby sunshine » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:40 am

Hello,
The alert will trigger on the close of the candle. Why? I'd recommend to read this article:
Why so many signals work only with already closed bars
However if you need triggering on the ticks, the strategy code can be modified.

PipStar wrote:Hello

I have loaded the strategy and it looks like it should work as I had hoped. I do have a question. If I set the time frame to 1 hour will the alert sound when the indicator value crosses my indicated value or will the alert trigger on the close of the candle? If the alert is set to trigger on the close of the candle is there a way I can set it to trigger as soon as the indicator value crosses my overbought and oversold value? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JD
sunshine

Postby PipStar » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:09 am

sunshine wrote:Hello,
The alert will trigger on the close of the candle. Why? I'd recommend to read this article:
Why so many signals work only with already closed bars
However if you need triggering on the ticks, the strategy code can be modified.

How do i modify the the code to have it trigger by individual ticks on a 1 hr chart?
PipStar

Postby sunshine » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:24 am

Hi,
Please use the version from the attachment to trade without waiting the closing of the bar.
Attachments
CCI Strategy (Tick).lua
(13.4 KiB) Downloaded 921 times
sunshine

Postby NID007 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:24 pm

sunshine wrote:Hi,
Please use the version from the attachment to trade without waiting the closing of the bar.

Hi I have loaded the CCI Strategy (tick) on a tick (T) frame setting in the parameters ,but will not allow to trate on a tick chart please advise Sunshine ,as I need a strategie to trade on a tick chart ,

thank you ,

Nid007
NID007

Postby Rainbowlighthousecp » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:14 pm

Hi,

Can I ask for a variation of this strategy by adding in an indicator EMA? It is like the strategy published here: http://forexforums.dailyfx.com/free-tra ... erage.html

The 5034 is a momentum based strategy that uses 50 period CCI, and a 34 period Moving Average.

The 50 period CCI is used as a trend filter. If CCI is > 0 - only long trades will be opened. If CCI is < 0 - only short trades will be opened.

The trigger for the strategy is a cross of the 34 period Moving Average. If price crosses over the 34 period Moving Average, while CCI is > 0 - strategy will go long.

If price crosses under the 34 period Moving Average, and CCI is < 0, strategy will go short.

Exit is performed by Stop/Profit Target/Break-even Stop, which are in Dollars - not number of pips. [Note: Pips is fine, no need to be set in Dollars)

Can you also make the strategy accept timeframes of 15mins and less?

Thanks!!
Rainbowlighthousecp

Postby Apprentice » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:11 am

Your request has been added to developmental cue.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby fxprobie » Tue May 10, 2011 4:57 am

Is it possible to allow for changes in buy and sell parameters. For instance I would want to be alerted when an up trending pair cci level goes above -100 for a long position and below 100 for short position.
Thanks
FX PROBIE
fxprobie

Postby fxprobie » Tue May 10, 2011 8:22 am

Sorry - I don't think I made myself clear on the last msg. AT the moment the CCI strategy is set to Alert/enter when CCI signal crosses above 100 (buy signal) and below -100 (sell signal) is it possible to add/create the option to choose ie I would want an Alert/enter when CCI crossed below 100 and above -100.

Hope that makes sense now.
Cheers
:?
fxprobie

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Strategies