Strategy Builder

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: Strategy Builder

Postby fxninja33 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:41 pm

Hi Apprentice,
Hopefully an easy one. When closing all open positions on opposite either short or long the strategy is closing all positions but failing to open the opposing position with the following error message:

"The account is locked. Trading is not available"

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 16.41.05.png
Error Message

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 16.49.43.png

My settings are as follow and allows for multiple positions and allowed side is "Both"

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 16.43.53.png

It also performs fine in the backtester but not in in live in demo mode.

Many Thanks in advance for a quick reply strategy is working perfectly except this one issue.
fxninja33

Postby Apprentice » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:37 am

I have not been able to reproduce within the backtester.

Try to choose the right newly introduced parameter Account Type.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby fxninja33 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:53 am

Thanks for getting back to me.

As I said the backtester works perfectly but when live I get the error "account is locked. Trading unavailable". I spoke to FXCM, they setup a new demo account for me with restrictions removed and the error still occurs unfortunately. I have attached the strategy template if you run it in a demo account on the m1 chart you will see the issue quickly.

An interesting thing happens if you run the Strategy twice in parallel, one strategy to enter the Buy only and one to enter Sell only the entry alerts that pop up have a different sequence.

When Buy > Sell:

The alerts are "Close Long, Open Short, Close Long" (The account locks and does not enter the 1st Sell trade although subsequent trades are fine)

When Sell > Buy

"Close Short, Close Short, Open Long" (Works fine account does not lock)

From reading other topics with the same issue I understand this is not related to hedging but is related to creating entry orders at the same time. Perhaps it is the sequence of events when closing on opposite that is creating the error.
fxninja33

Postby Konstantin.Toporov » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:00 pm

It looks like the account restrictions were not actually removed.
Did you try to close trades manually on the new account?
Konstantin.Toporov
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby fxninja33 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:24 pm

Account restrictions are not creating the issue as the error also occurs when trading live. Have also spoken to FXCM and had this confirmed...It is strange that the error only occurs in one direction and that the entry and closing sequence I listed above is slightly different. It makes me think this is a timing issue or an issue with the order in which the strategy closes then opens position from Buy to Sell as Sell to Buy works fine.
fxninja33

Postby Apprentice » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:57 am

Have forwarded this case to the development team.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Konstantin.Toporov » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:49 pm

Hello fxninja33

Are you able to reproduce the problem on a blank Demo account?
If so could you please share the account details and an example of the failed code?
Konstantin.Toporov

Postby fxninja33 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Hi Konstantin,
Thanks for getting back to me. As described in my last post the error message occurs in the activity log in both demo and live accounts in the same way. The issue only occurs when the trade moves closes the sell to open the buy. I listed the order of the alerts as they occur if you need any more info let me know and I can get that straight away.
fxninja33

Postby Konstantin.Toporov » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 pm

Could you please share (via PM) the demo account login and an example of the failed strategy?
Konstantin.Toporov

Postby Daveatt » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:59 pm

Hey Apprentice

Thanks for the great work

Times to times Strategy builder makes my FXCM crashing even when I'm loading only two indicators. Precising that I use it on 10+ currencies simultaneously

Is there any way for you to fix this ? Could potentially be a memory allocation issue - it's crashing even with my brand new laptop bought a week ago and with 16Go RAM

Thanks a lot
David
Daveatt

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Strategies