Trend Magic + SAR strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: Trend Magic + SAR strategy

Postby RJH501 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:58 pm

Hello,

Just a follow-up: This strategy is entering into a long trade when it should be entering a short trade and a short trade when it should be a long trade.

It is reacting correctly according to your rules, BUT your rule definition is exactly opposite to how a parabolic SAR works.

See previous post.

Regards,

Richard
RJH501

Postby my2pips » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:50 pm

Since the last Tradestation update to 01.13.092613 version, the strategy has stopped working. Everything was fine until last Friday. Now every attempt to optimize the strategy results in a "The file format or version is invalid" error and the optimization process stops.
Can you please fix it?

Thank you so much :D
my2pips

Postby Valeria » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:38 am

Hi my2pips,

We have checked the strategy and it works right. I guess that there is a strategy installed in your Trading Station which was compiled in the previous version of Indicore (probably it is binary file). Since Indicore was updated along with Trading Station, Optimizer can't load the strategies compiled in the old version of Indicore. You should find this file and delete from Trading Station. The easiest way to find it is to open Backtester. Backtest any strategy, and click view->log. There will be shown the name of the file, which blocks the work of Optimizer.
Attachments
1.PNG
Valeria

Postby my2pips » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi Valeria! Thank you for your prompt reply.
Actually, backtesting is ok. It's the optimization process that fails, originating the following log:
"Loading quotes catalog... -> Loading market data... -> Preparing for optimization ... -> The file format or version is invalid"
And this is true for every single strategy I own.
:?
my2pips

Previous

Return to Custom Strategies