MA / Price Cross Strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: MA / Price Cross Strategy

Postby durleo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Hi There - i am getting an error 158 on the trade station with the latest update.
durleo

Postby sunshine » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:44 am

durleo wrote:Hi There - i am getting an error 158 on the trade station with the latest update.

Hi,
Could you please provide more details about this issue.
When does the error occur?
- During the update
- When starting the application
- During login
It would be great if you also attached a screenshot.
sunshine

Postby basicstrategy » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:52 am

Hi,
is it possible to remove the fact that this strategy opens a new order at each candle ?
My idea is that it opens one when the candle crosses the ma and closes and reverses the trade when it crosses in the other direction.
Thanks in advance for your answer.
basicstrategy

Postby luciana » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi, how the confirmation option works? I set it "yes" and does not enter the trade although the price cross the fast (set it up as the MA parameter for trading), and the slow MA (set it up as the MA parameter for trend); just it gives an alert to "enter the trade but without confirmation". When the cross is confirmed? Would you please explain the meaning of the confirmation for this strategy? Thanks.
BTW, would you also please add to the smoothing methods of MAs, the Wilders? Thanks again in advance.
luciana

Postby Rainbowlighthousecp » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:13 am

Hi,

Can you add to this strategy the option of using a CCI with a period that we can select? The idea is to use another indicator like CCI as a filter. For example, when price cross over the MA to the upside, CCI should be above "0" then enter long.

Thanks! Look forward to this addition.
Rainbowlighthousecp

Postby Apprentice » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:16 am

Your request has been added to developmental cue.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby R3boot » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:07 am

that's awesome

well, i got this strategy that works on the one u posted,,,, it's just differs in the following points.
tools: zigzag and MA

*If ZIGZAG formed a top AND candle Closed below MA ..... open position SHORT

*Close position on the 3rd candle closing

opposite for LONG: IF zigzag formed bottom AND candle closed above MA >>>> open LONG

* close position on 4rd candle closing too

using confirmation of rsi would be useful too
R3boot

Postby STEIGO » Thu May 12, 2011 5:21 am

Apprentice - I admire your work, although I do find it difficult to follow HOW you achieve your results – my deficiency, not yours (a few notes in the code, or some logic statements would really help).

I particularly like your “touches” option in this strategy. I guess this must work on tick data?
Is this similar to the TS2 trading from a line touches/crosses option?

Is it possible to modify/code this “touches” option as follows – open position when price crosses/touches (a LINE) and reverses, - when the LINE crossed/touched, could be either
1. a price,
2. a moving average,
3. a fib line,
4. a pivot line?

If it is possible – could further conditions be put on the cross/reverse – if price crosses by say 20pips do not action strategy.

If these ideas seem possible I'll specify in detail the requirements

My ideal preference would be along the lines – Define 6 ma's, 5ema, 10ema 21ema, 35sma, 50sma and 62sma. Open a position IF a ma is crossed and REVERSES, while using the next ma as a stop loss.
IE. If the tick price crosses the 21ema and then reverses – open a position and attach a stop at the 35ema price.
Only one position should be open at a time, to account for multiple reversals across different ma's. However, in the above case, a short term reversal at the 21ema position, followed by a continuation to say the 50ema then a reversal, would mean – the initial position opened at 21ema would be stopped out at the 35ema price (for a loss), but the later reversal at the 50 ema would still be opened with a stop at the 62 sma price.

If these ideas are possible, I believe it may satisfy previous coding requests made by JonathanG called “Price Brakes Level, Reversal Entry
STEIGO

Postby Apprentice » Thu May 12, 2011 6:46 am

It is possible, but it would be better done as a new strategy.
As regards the comments, I agree.
But this add time to development.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby luigipg » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:24 am

Apprentice, hi and thanks for everything. Please may you (or somelse) edit this strategy by adding confirmation by distance in pips or percentage of ATR (n periods) b/w price and MA? With the stop loss always on the MA and/or the value that we choosen. For me you can also remove the trend confirmation. I would be very grateful because I'm crazy to do all this manually. I hope to soon find this update. I thank you heartily. Luigi!!!
luigipg

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Strategies