Close strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: Close strategy

Postby sunshine » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:54 am

The version of the strategy which supports US accounts is attached.
Attachments
LevelCloseStrategy.lua
(13.17 KiB) Downloaded 1264 times
sunshine

Postby lindsaybaggen » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:22 am

Thank you for developing this. For some reason every time the strategy activates and closes the open positions it turns itself off. I am using FXCM Trade Station II. Can you advise on this?

Thank you
lindsaybaggen

Postby Hug Coder » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:39 am

lindsaybaggen wrote:Thank you for developing this. For some reason every time the strategy activates and closes the open positions it turns itself off. I am using FXCM Trade Station II. Can you advise on this?

Thank you

That's suppose to happen to prevent unwanted action after it has done what it's suppose to. After securing your profit it will stop. It's possible to make it not stop though, I can make an option for it if you really have considered the consequences and want it.

I think the purpose of this strategy is to close with a Daily profit, or what ever time period you are at. Then you are suppose to enter your trades and so on again, and start this strategy afterwards, and let it close at profit again. Then you repeat this. Maybe you don't want to close at same profit every time too, then you gotta restart strategy anyway. So I think it's good that it stops.
Hug Coder

Postby mybrainhertz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:01 am

It is strange to me that FXCM have a Close all Positionss under their Trading menu but don't have a macro that does it at predefined levels. This Strategy doesn't seem to work as advertised.

To be clear, what is required is a strategy that would close all positions regardless of their symbol, symbol meaning currency pair.

Symbol Box at the top of the Strategy is misleading as it only allows you to select one currency pair. Again we are looking for all currency pairs to be selected.

Parameter Fields for the strategy would be:-

Total Profit level Pips or Total Profit Level Dollars $ (You'd have a switch to select which you'd prefer)
Total Loss Level Pips or Total Loss Level Dollars $ (You'd have a switch to select which you'd prefer)

Trading Parameters would be the same although I don't see the need for Symbol All as that is the basis of the strategy.

Is this possible?
mybrainhertz

Postby Apprentice » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:28 am

Thank you for the suggestions, I see no reason why this would not be possible.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Close strategy additional BUY/SELL function ?

Postby julio123 » Mon May 14, 2012 6:38 am

Hello,

Is there a way to add a function where you can select also that it close only all
the BUY positions of a certain currency or only all the SELL positions ?

Thanks Julio.
julio123

Postby Apprentice » Mon May 14, 2012 1:59 pm

This option can b addded.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby whitekit04 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:30 am

So, we still do not have strategy that the automatically close position with selected multiple currency pairs? :shock:

Thanks for your help.
whitekit04

Postby njagadish » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:50 am

Hi,
Can anybody help me to explain how to write a simple code to close a specific open trade? For example, if I have three open trade open from my startegy, during opening of each trade how I can store the Trade.ID and later I can call-up this Trade.ID to close it (close one trade out of three open trades)

Thanks
njagadish

Postby veight » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:47 am

Hi there,

May I know is the strategy below available? If not, is it difficult to be coded? Thanks!

Close 2 tickets simultaneously when hit combined profit

To close 2 tickets (any symbol, e.g. 'buy' EUR/USD with 'sell' EUR/JPY) at the same time, when the aggregate profit (of the 2 tickets) hits a targeted profit.

Well, my idea is the program should allow user to manually key in the 2 tickets number, and set the targeted profit. Ideally, user should be able to have multiple sets of this program running at the same time e.g. 1st set - 'buy' EUR/USD with 'sell' EUR/JPY; 2nd set - 'buy' EUR/JPY with 'sell' EUR/USD; 3rd set - 'buy' CHF/JPY with 'sell' USD/JPY; 4th set - 'buy' GBP/USD with 'sell' EUR/JPY and so on.
veight

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Strategies