Close strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: Close strategy

Postby Alexander.Gettinger » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:11 pm

Jason Rogers wrote:I tested the strategy and it's sending the order to "Close All Positions for Symbol" rather than "Close All Positions". So if I have multiple currency pairs open, it will only close the trades which I have the strategy attached to. And if I attach the strategy to both currency pairs and set the profit target to say $100, it will close all trades in 1 currency pair when total profit reaches $100 but remaining trades stay open. The remaining trades will only close when the profit on remaining trades goes back up to $100.

OK.
I shall do this.
Alexander.Gettinger
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby Alexander.Gettinger » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:30 am

Strategy updated.
Added possibility to choice symbol for checking profit and closing.
Alexander.Gettinger

Postby alepan72 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:11 am

That 's it!!! I test it and work properly :!: :!: :!:
Thanx all of you!
Kisses from Greece!
alepan72

Postby Jason Rogers » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:43 pm

It's working great now on my account with FXCM UK.

I tested it on an FXCM US demo from FXCM.com, but it's giving error message "EUR/USD LEVELCLOSESTRATEGY (1)(EUR/USD) Open order failedThe command is disabled. 12/09/2010 15:34:50 1.32330" .
Jason Rogers

Postby alepan72 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:23 pm

Dear Ancient,
I had three open trades (eurusd, gbpusd, GER30). Set the strategy at "above" 100 euros and when the total profit touch, strategy close ALL position automaticaly.
Also, if you wish.... I speak Greek better than english. :lol: :lol: :lol:
PM me if you want more. I m glad to "EXCHANGE" oppinions. ;)
levelclose.png
alepan72

Postby Ancient » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:56 pm

Tested the revision, it is now working.

Nice Example of SDK's potential!
Ancient

Postby Ancient » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:27 pm

Alexander.Gettinger wrote:Strategy updated.
Added possibility to choice symbol for checking profit and closing.

Good, now we definately know what this Strategy's purpose was initially intended for:

It is a good tool, but the development approach in terms of the Strategy's logical application works against the Strategy's purpose.

This is what this Tool or Strategy is supposed to do:

1) Monitor Gross P/L of a Symbol Selected and for all the Open Positions of the specific Symbol Selected.
2) Monitor Gross P/L of Selected Multiple Symbols and for the Multiple Open Positions of the Selected SYMBOLSSS
3) Profit level for Close Orders is OK... Here User Inputs the Gross P/L i.e. $500.00 and this works as Take Profit Limit. When all selected symbols sum=Users Input Value, All Open Positions are Exited with the Gross P/L (Monetary Profit) User Entered being realised.

Now: Type of Profit Level, This is not only misleading, but does not require to be there! User Can Input negative Gross P/L and this would then work as a Close Stop Loss Strategy. When all selected symbols sum=Users Input Value, All Open Positions are Exited with the Loss tolerance Entered by the User.

Moreover, presently if User Selects Type of Profit Level: BELOW, User has to Input minus sign before the Monetary Value anyway! This if User wants to use this as a Stop Loss Close Strategy. And of course one has to figure this out, as no guiding reference is made anywhere.

Lastly, if all the Above are taken into consideration, further to being able to Select ALL or ONE Symbol, User must have the Option to Select any number of Symbols according to need. "Ctrl Select" Symbols

Nevertheless, if the purpose of this development or Strategy is just meant to be here as an example of what can be done, it is a good example.

This remark was posted after the update of the first attempt or version of the Strategy Posted above this Post.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards
Ancient
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the reason why so few engage in it! - "Henry Ford"
Ancient

Postby Ancient » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:35 am

Hi Alepan,

Yes it is now working better if applied with caution, and is something that can be useful for all those who trade Multiple Instruments or have Multiple Open Orders on a specific Instrument.

However, certain corrections or enhancements still have to be made as I have previously referenced if this tool is to realise its full potential.

Hopefully Alexander will find the time to make the necessary additions.

Regards
Ancient
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the reason why so few engage in it! - "Henry Ford"
Ancient

Postby Alexander.Gettinger » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Ancient wrote:Hopefully Alexander will find the time to make the necessary additions.

Yes, I shall find time.
Alexander.Gettinger

Postby Alexander.Gettinger » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Ancient wrote:1) Monitor Gross P/L of a Symbol Selected and for all the Open Positions of the specific Symbol Selected.

Please, see this indicator: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2948
Alexander.Gettinger

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Strategies