Regression strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Regression strategy

Postby Alexander.Gettinger » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:15 am

Strategy based on Color Regression line (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2342).
Open/close orders at change color.

RC_Strategy.png

Download:

For strategy must be installed Regression_Color_Dot.lua (viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2342).
Attachments
RC_Strategy.lua
(12.87 KiB) Downloaded 1141 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Exit rules have been added for the case when AllowSide parameter is set to Buy/Sell
Alexander.Gettinger
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Regression strategy

Postby sunshine » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:20 am

I've added the "Allowed side" (Both/Sell/Buy) parameter. The top post has been updated.
sunshine

Postby mfoste1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:36 pm

there seems to be a problem with setting stops and limits. I was using this on a demo today and it didnt initiate the stop or limit . Has anyone else tried this with the same result?
mfoste1

Postby sunshine » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:36 am

Hi,
I've updated the top post. Please reinstall the strategy.
sunshine

Postby mfoste1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:54 am

Unfortunately, im still having problems with this strategy :( It is not triggering any orders when it should.
mfoste1

Postby sunshine » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:00 pm

mfoste1 wrote:Unfortunately, im still having problems with this strategy :( It is not triggering any orders when it should.

I've just checked the strategy and for me it creates stops and limits. Could you please make sure that the Allow Trading parameters is set to "Yes"?
Is your account US based?
sunshine

Postby mfoste1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:16 pm

sunshine wrote:
mfoste1 wrote:Unfortunately, im still having problems with this strategy :( It is not triggering any orders when it should.

I've just checked the strategy and for me it creates stops and limits. Could you please make sure that the Allow Trading parameters is set to "Yes"?
Is your account US based?

yea i had it set to yes. So if I had the allowed side to buy only, it should have created a market order long on the candle close when the first dot that changed from blue to white? if this was what it should have done, it failed to trigger 4 trades today. I"m just trying to think of why it wouldn't be triggering orders :?

yes it is US based account
Attachments
regresscolorstrat.jpg
mfoste1

Postby mfoste1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:12 am

i dunno, there must be something wrong with this or fxcm :evil: Ive tried everything i can think of, ive even reinstalled the platform. i tried to run other strategies and they work fine. this one just wont open any positions. this is becoming extremely frustrating lol
mfoste1

Postby sunshine » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:25 am

Hi,
Note that is you have opened at least one position, the strategy won't open positions on the same direction.
I've added exit rules since if the AllowedSide parameter is set to Buy/Sell, the strategy didn't close trades. Please reinstall the strategy.
sunshine

Postby mfoste1 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:02 pm

this is triggering orders now, but it is closing positions before they even hit the stop....it shouldnt be doing this. it needs to keep the position open till it either hits the stop or limit. I really appreciate all of your help that youve been giving on this strategy sunshine :D
mfoste1

Next

Return to Custom Strategies