Stage trailing stop

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: Stage trailing stop

Postby spinemaligna » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:43 pm

Three years on and still waiting.

I noticed a member asked for a strategy to be built the other day and the next day it was there.

Could I request a strategy that will allow me to scale out and move stops as profit levels are reached.
i.e. When profit reaches x pips move stop to y. 5 stages of that.
Also when profit reaches x pips have the option close a percentage of the position.
Also have the ability to wait for SAR to overtake stop level then trail stop with SAR.

For example. I open a position with four lots. At profit =+10 pips close two lots and move stop to breakeven -5. At profit =+15 pips close 1 lot and move stop to breakeven and wait for SAR to overtake breakeven level then stop tracks SAR value.

I think that makes sense. Of course all levels are user inputted.

Thanks,

Ross
spinemaligna
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby Apprentice » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:12 pm

Your request is added to the development list.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby krash11554 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:11 pm

hi everyone i read through this thread and saw many post about different stop loss strategies and i wasn't sure if any of the systems people posted were what i want.

i split all of my positions into two separate orders. so i have two TP's. for example one of the TP is 40 pips and next one is 80. is there a system on here that would move the stop loss of the 80 pip order to break even once the first limit order is taken out on the 40 pip move?? I'm in high school still and trade demo but plan on opening a live account soon. this system would really help me.

i trade on marketscope 2.0. idk if that would make a difference or not.
can anyone direct me to a system that does that??
thanks in advance.
krash11554

Postby spinemaligna » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:03 am

Another eight months on. Any progress to report? I can achieve this on Metatrader so it shouldn't be too difficult.
Ross
spinemaligna

Postby traderwarrior77 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:38 pm

Hi,
I have 2 questions
1) I am looking for a trailing stop where when price reach target 1, the stop will automatically move to break even and when it reaches the second target, it will move the stop to target 1 level and ect. Does this strategy does that?

2) when the stop breaks even, can I turn the feature off and I can trail it manually?

thank you for your time
traderwarrior77

Postby traderwarrior77 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:01 pm

hi,
I downloaded the stage trailing stop to my demo and real acct on fxcm trading station. How do I go by setting up the trailing stop? such as after 15 pips or target 1 is reached, move stop to break even. When price reach target 2 move stop 15 pip or where 1:1 was ect. do you have a video or instructions on how to use this? thanks
traderwarrior77

Postby traderwarrior77 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:44 pm

hi, i downloaded your software on my fxcm platform on both demo and real account. when I placed my order. how do i set it up for my stop to move to break even when it reaches first target and to move 15 pips when it reaches second target?

thanks
traderwarrior77

Postby traderwarrior77 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:32 pm

hello again,

I have downloaded the software to my demo acct and tried it . I set up my trades by splitting all of my positions into two separate orders. so i have two TP's. for example one of the TP is 15 pips and next one is 30. However, when I tried and it reached target 1 or 15 pips the stop did not move. Is there a system on here that would move the stop loss of the 15 pip order to break even once the first limit order is taken out on the 30 pip move ? what am I doing wrong. I would appreciate a reply. thank you
traderwarrior77

Postby Alexander.Gettinger » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:56 am

Should the stops of several orders to move dependently of each other?
Alexander.Gettinger
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby guangho » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:21 pm

Alexander.Gettinger wrote:Strategy move stop order correspondence to user level.
Supported maximum 5 levels. If level=0 stop is not used.
Algorithm: if profit of order reaches [Level1] strategy supports stop at level [Stop1], if profit reaches [Level2] strategy supports stop at level [Stop2] etc.

Download:
StageStop.lua

Excuse me,Alexander.Gettinger:
Can you help me how to do it?
thank you for your help me.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=64192
guangho

Previous

Return to Custom Strategies