Heikin-Ashi Strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Heikin-Ashi Strategy

Postby Apprentice » Sun May 08, 2011 6:19 am

HA Strategy.png

With a simple HA signals,
strategy supports the definition of Trigger Level,
in either a PIP or as a percentage, on price or Heikin-Ash indicator.

If the trigger level is not reached, the strategy will not enter the trade.

HA Strategy.lua
(20.62 KiB) Downloaded 4078 times

HA with smoothing Strategy.lua
(17.58 KiB) Downloaded 2104 times

The Strategy was revised and updated on December 11, 2018.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Heikin-Ashi Strategy

Postby forexdezert » Mon May 09, 2011 8:50 pm

1. Please add the option for the strategy to trade on a 2 minute time frame. (m2)

2. Also please add the parameter Option "Act on Close/Break Out" The option determines should the strategy open a new position when candle closes after a color change, or upon the instant of HA color change (or breakout). (See the trading parameters of ATRStrategy for example. viewtopi ... =31&t=3861)

Right now when trading on shorter time spans the indicator waits for another candle to close, and by that time it has missed the window of profitability.
forexdezert

Postby FXJPGH » Wed May 11, 2011 5:57 pm

Apprentice, thank you for this strategy it really help me to make faster and more accurate decisions. However i tried to select a stop loss whenever the strategy opens a new order and it does not work.

Is there any way to add this.

best regards.
FXJPGH

Postby Apprentice » Thu May 12, 2011 4:55 am

Are You From U.S. or have an open U.S. Based trading account.
If this is the case, these functionalities is not available.
Apprentice

Postby FXJPGH » Thu May 12, 2011 10:11 am

I am from Nicaragua but my account is from FXCM UK.

best regards
FXJPGH

Postby sithuat » Mon May 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi Apprentice,

I think I am going to ask you a lame question, well I am still a newbie in forex. I tried to install your strategy in the Trading Station II and I got this message. "[string "HA Strategy.lua"] :155: The indicator with id HA is not found." I've installed Heikin-Ashi Smoothed i found in this forum. Or do I need to install different indicator? Thanks in million! :)
sithuat

Postby Apprentice » Tue May 17, 2011 4:03 am

Very unusual
Heikin-Ashi Smoothed not required for this strategy.
And Heikin-Ashi indicator is a standard pre-installed one.

Which broker you use.
have you delete some standard ones.
Apprentice

Postby sithuat » Tue May 17, 2011 12:07 pm

Well, I am with FXCM USA though I'm from Singapore. :D The problem is, I can't find Heikin-Ashi in pre-installed indicators list. Btw I am using FXCM Trading Station II ver 01.10.041211. Sigh I still can't install your strategy. I also can't install TDI strategy I found in this forum too.

Anyway thanks for your fast reply. You really are helpful and idol for newbie like me :D
sithuat

Postby forexdezert » Fri May 27, 2011 8:49 am

forexdezert wrote:1. Please add the option for the strategy to trade on a 2 minute time frame. (m2)

2. Also please add the parameter Option "Act on Close/Break Out" The option determines should the strategy open a new position when candle closes after a color change, or upon the instant of HA color change (or breakout). (See the trading parameters of ATRStrategy for example. viewtopi ... =31&t=3861)

Right now when trading on shorter time spans the indicator waits for another candle to close, and by that time it has missed the window of profitability.

Can you guys add these parameters please?
forexdezert

Postby forexdezert » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:51 am

Hello guys,
I trade on very short time frames. Specifically the 2 minute. Never long term and I have been trying to get a workable strategy for me to use.
In my trading I use the HA Indicator as well as the Regression and Supertrend indicators. Neither this strategy, or the Regression Supertrend Strategy work on short time frames for one very specific reason.... Mainly because these Strategy's wait for the candle to close upon the conditions of change, then it continues to wait until a second candle closes to confirm before the strategies will place a new trade or close an open trade and open a new trade in the opposite direction.

Please, please, For this strategy AND the (Regression Supertrend Strategy)

1. Add the option for the strategy to trade on a 2 minute time frame. (m2)

Or if the Regression Supertrend and HA Strategy can be combined into one strategy that would be awesome!

Thank you.
forexdezert

Next

Return to Custom Strategies