Heikin-Ashi Strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: Heikin-Ashi Strategy

Postby nookie » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:01 am

Hello Apprentice,

It looks like this strategy has an open position all the time. Is it possible that after a position is triggered it is closed by some rule - for example if a buy is triggered then position is closed on a 7 pip short candle. Then a position is not opened until the initial rule is met - a 9 pip candle in whichever direction?

Also I noticed that "heikin ashi trigger level" part of the strategy has a part "trigger level" - cool feature but would be great for me if candles are measured without the wigs - only bodies for their pip length - unfortunately now this cant be chosen. Could it be changed ?

Thanks

nookie
nookie
FXCodeBase: Graduate

Postby amazon1a » Tue May 22, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi Apprentice, I am very interested in HA candles. I find 2 basic HA Strategies with the same .lua file format. They load separately. Are both active? What is the functional Difference, if any, between them? I also see a HA Smoothed Strategy. This HA Strategy has a different input field that I suspect I will be interested in. But I do not understand what the parameters in this Heikin-Ashi Trigger Level input field refer to or how to use them. Can you help?
Trigger
Trigger Level
Price/HA
Percentage/PIP

Attached a screen shot. Thanks for all your help. Bob
Attachments
HA Inputs.jpg
amazon1a

Postby Apprentice » Wed May 23, 2012 1:19 am

All activ strategies are equal in execution.
By default, Trades are executed on HA Slope Change.
If Triger is on.
Trade is executed only if the defined minimum Triger Level is reached.
This difference may be in percentage or in pips.
It is calculated as the difference between current price and previous trading price.
As a basis we use, Price or HA.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby amazon1a » Wed May 23, 2012 10:30 am

Sorry, but it is still not clear. Is it possible to show me an example with the input fields filled in??
amazon1a

Postby BabyBull » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:45 am

Good morning, I am a little confused. I installed the HA Strategy on a NZD/USD chart and selected the same symbol, however the strategy opened a position on the EUR/USD.
Your assistance is appreciated. I will pose the same question here as I did in another post. Is there a way to filter trades to only trade in the direction of a higher time frame and can time filters be added.
Attachments
HA Strategy Doc.docx
(50.3 KiB) Downloaded 1060 times
BabyBull

Postby BabyBull » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:50 am

One other question, instead of the supertrend, DMI and SAR could the HA strategy and Supertrend strategy be combined? It seems to me in looking at charts this could work out well.The ability to limit the times in which it trades, being able to trade in the direction of a higher time frame, and only when the volatility is adequate would be helpful. Thank you
Last edited by BabyBull on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
BabyBull

Postby lisa_baby_xx » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:37 am

Hi Everybody,

What does parameter "Wick Filtering" mean???

Much love to everyone. X :D
lisa_baby_xx
lisa_baby_xx

Postby lisa_baby_xx » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:21 am

Hi,

Could someone convert this to MT4 please??

Much love to all.
lisa_baby_fx
lisa_baby_xx

Postby geofanin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:05 am

Hello, I love the way the strategy scalps in the direction of the trend but because of the pullbacks on short time frames, I was wondering if a filter can be added with Exponentail Moving Averages?

For example:
a short trade would only open if the fast EMA is below the slow EMA, any bullish candles that appear would only close the trade.

a long trade would only open if the fast EMA is above the slow EMA, any bearish candles would close the trade,

this way we scalp with the trend.
Thank You
geofanin

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Strategies