DMI SAR Super Trend Strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: DMI SAR Super Trend Strategy

Postby luigipg » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:30 am

WARNING this does not work (as already noted nookie), often it open false positions in the sense that no open positions in accordance with the rules. It would seem to be a good strategy, please can someone correct any bugs? Thank you. Luigi!!!
luigipg

Postby ronald3rg » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:41 am

Luigi,

I have noticed that on certain back-test as-well. I have been running an optimizer for this strategy for the last couple of days for about 500,000 runs I've gotten some good results but for very few trades in the year.

If you would zoom in to when the trade was given I believe its because of the last candle was headed in the direction of that trade and when the period open it probably was still there but it changed around during the course of that candle in TF. The trigger opens at the open of the candle so when you see the results in the back-test it appears as a wrong trigger but it wasn't wrong it just turned around on it.

I didn't write this strategy but from looking at it closely that's what I gathered. Thats why I put in a request for confirmation by ADX.
Right place at the right time

3Rg
ronald3rg

Postby luigipg » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Ronald,
I do not think as you say, first of all I have tested on closing bar not on alive bar, if you see the previous posts you'll notice that the supertrends (for example) is in contradiction with the opening of the position already several bars before and several bars after. For me there is something wrong in software development. In any case, be careful. Luigi!!!
luigipg

Postby holod86 » Tue May 01, 2012 6:43 am

Hi.
Could you programmer this strategy without DMI indecator and without "count of bar" parameter and add Gann_Multi_Trend from here:
http://fxcodebase.com/code/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3845&p=9400&hilit=multi+trend+gann+multi+trend#p9400
thank you! (and sorry about my english :-))
holod86

Postby holod86 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:07 am

Hi.
please, can you programm off DMI indecator and count of bars and add please Gann_Multi_Trend from here:
http://fxcodebase.com/code/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3845&p=9400&hilit=multi+trend+gann+multi+trend#p9400

and do the SAR can be stop or when one of indecators change his direction.
if this impossible please do somthink like this.

thank you.
Last edited by holod86 on Wed May 02, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
holod86

Postby Apprentice » Tue May 01, 2012 8:00 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby BabyBull » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:10 pm

I am new to this and have a question regarding this and all strategies. Can this strategy go only long or short based on the same criteria from a larger time frame? For example If I wanted to trade the 5 min time frame in only the direction of the 30 min time frame. That way most pull back trades would not be entered, a person could stay in a trade longer with confidence and could the close of a candle either above or below the super trend indicator be used as a stop with a second emergency stop if the price action got ugly going in the opposite direction of the trade.
BabyBull

Previous

Return to Custom Strategies