Entry Order Strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: Entry Order Strategy

Postby easytrading » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:08 pm

hello Apprentice how r u? if you please i need your help to set the parameters of your strategy ( Entry Order Strategy) that will achieve opening and closing of orders automaticly and continuously for a giving time frame candle (such as one hour time frame ) because now it gives me only one order then stoped and need to be activated again to get the second order (as i learnd from trying using it) . is it possible to program that ? with my appreciation in advance.

easytrading
FXCodeBase: Initiate

Postby Apprentice » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:57 am

We have a problem here.
Once the set time has passed, we can not be executed once again.

We need to write a completely new strategy.

Can you define the entry conditions.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby easytrading » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:08 pm

By using the existing strategy parameters,the only modification need to do is adding a timer to fill the next entry order conditions that are based on the time frame u r using (which will be changeable according to trader's choice) for any currency (such as EUR/USD) and let us say it is 1 hour, and your direction is Buy. So when first working 1hr order comes to end,immediatly take the following 1hr order after the closing and exiting the previous order (to keep only one order working) in the same direcion Buy (as it was set before) and so on keep the strategy working (with the ability to set limit & stop orders in pips as it is in the existing strategy) until you stop it if you want manually. I know it is a challenging, but in the same time I am sure of your programming capabilities from the fantasting job u r doing with my appreciation in advance.
easytrading

Postby Apprentice » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:45 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Apprentice

Postby easytrading » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:57 pm

Thank u Apprentice for taking my request into consideration.I really appreciate that.
easytrading

Postby moomoofx » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:18 am

I have uploaded a new version of the strategy.

To meet davidxiao's requirements posted here
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=60938#p95266
This strategy has the following changes:
- Can decide if the entry price should be based from the current price (old behavior) or the previous close
- Previous close means it needs a bar means it needs a timeframe ... so now there is a timeframe parameter.
- Use Mandatory Closing has been renamed to Scheduled Termination as to avoid confusion with closing trades/orders.
- The strategy is intelligent such that it decides bid/ask pricing based off the direction you are trading.

To meet easytrading's requirements posted here
posting.php?mode=reply&f=31&t=59515#pr95977
This strategy has the following changes:
- A Repeat parameter has been introduced which allows the strategy to effectively repeat itself placing more orders and not terminating after the first order.
- A Repeat Delay controls how long it should wait before "repeating", as defined in minutes.
- Close On Repeat means when the repeat delay is up and it will "repeat", any pending orders will be deleted.
- If it repeats, of course it will only place new trades if it is between the start and stop times. However, any pending orders will be closed once the repeat delay expires, regardless of the start/stop time window.
- CustomID is used to identify the previously placed orders with this strategy instance. If you have more than one instance,I recommend changing this value.

Alright enjoy.

Cheers,
MooMooForex
moomoofx

Postby easytrading » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:06 am

hello moomoofx,
you made a big progress in the strategy except one thing ,it is not closing the previous opend order so it keeps opening new ordres in the choosing direction after Delay Repeat time is met .i just need to close the opend oreder before opening the new one please.my parameters are:

Entry type :previous close
bar time frame :m5
scheduled terminate :no
repeat :yes
repeat Delay(min) :5
close on repeat :yes
Distance to market :10
Buy or sell :Buy

kindest regards.
easytrading

Postby moomoofx » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:06 am

Hi easytrading,

If Close On Repeat is set to true, it closes the previously placed and still pending orders.

Are you sure you mean close order and not close position?

Cheers,
MooMooForex
moomoofx

Postby easytrading » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:19 pm

hello moomoofx,

I am very very sorry for my mistake ,i should say it is not closing the previous opend positions .could you please update it so it can close the opend posion before opend a new one so we make sure we have only one open posion regardless it will close in profit or loss.

kidest regards.
easytrading

Postby moomoofx » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:45 am

Updated so now we have two parameters to control if pending orders or opened positions should be closed on repeat.

Please redownload from the first post. Enjoy.

Cheers,
MooMooForex
moomoofx

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Strategies