Entry Order Strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

Re: Entry Order Strategy

Postby acegoodrich » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:55 pm

Is it possible to have it automatically place an OCO when the previous OCO is stopped out, instead of creating a new OCO every 5 mins?
acegoodrich

Postby Apprentice » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:43 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Postby FX.Steady.Trader » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:24 pm

Hello! I love this strategy, it could help me place orders without having to wake up in the middle of the night to check the charts. However, it looks like it's not selecting previous close prices correctly.

I backtested it and set the parameters to place an OCO @ 3am every day. I set the Entry Type to Previous Close, and the Bar Time Frame to "D1". I think it's supposed to use the previous daily bar close price (or whatever time frame I've chosen) to calculate the entry orders right? It places the orders using the previous hourly bar close price, instead of the previous daily bar close price. Maybe I'm just setting it up wrong? It does the same thing no matter what time I pick. Other than that, it works great!

Thank you for your time.
FX.Steady.Trader

Postby FX.Steady.Trader » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:42 pm

My trading strategy works best at certain times of the day, based on price action. Of course, one of the best times is when I would normally be sleeping, so this strategy is fantastic for me.

I would like to request two new features please:
1. Can you add the Time In Force field (the GTD option) to the entry order, so it can be configured to expire if it's not triggered?
2. Is it possible to have it place two separate orders (one buy, and one sell) that are not an OCO?

Thank you for all the hard work you guys are putting into this site and the services. I've sent several of my friends here to learn and hopefully contribute.
FX.Steady.Trader

Postby Apprentice » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:43 am

Your request is added to the development list, Under Id Number 3595
If someone is interested to do this or any task other from list please contact me.
Apprentice

Postby hiepbg » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:59 pm

Hello Apprentice,

Can you make an option "Close on Opposite" for open position ?

I think it's a good option for hedge.
hiepbg

Postby Apprentice » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:33 am

Can you describe this trade using the example.
Apprentice

Postby hiepbg » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:01 am

Apprentice wrote:Can you describe this trade using the example.

I mean option "Close on Opposite" like this strategy:
viewtopic.php?f=31

Example:
Current price of SP500 is 2170.00. Entry Order Strategy set up a entry order to sell at 2150.00 (-200 pips). If SP500 price go down and cross 2150.00, entry order will execute, and become a sell position.
Then, SP500 price go up again, and cross 2150.00, Entry Order Strategy will close sell position. And it will continue set up a new entry order to sell at 2150.00 again.
This is what i mean "Close on opposite" option.

Repeat Parameters is a great thing. But can you make "repreat price" more dynamic ? I mean, as the example above, if SP500 go up above 2170.00, the price of entry order (to sell) will increase to keep the distance to current price by 200 pips. But if SP500 go down, the price of sell entry order will remain at 2150.00. It look like an trailing stoploss, but for opening a new trade.
I have tested the "Repeat Parameters", with "Close order on repeat" is yes, the price of entry order (to sell) will always keeps a distance to current price (-200pips), even the current price of SP500 will go up or go down. It means the entry order will never be excecute, and Repeat Parameters was not truly working.

And if you can make an option like "Maximum number of position in one direction/ Maximum number of open position in any direction" parameters of Manual Entry Order strategy, it will be very great option to stop Entry Order strategy open too much positons when price suddenly go up or go down too quickly.

Thank you very much,
hiepbg

Postby fjasonfx » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:07 pm

Hi Apprentice,
I don't see where the option is to make an OCO order in the parameters of this strategy. I see that Stance said he put it in there and others have posted about using the OCO order option but I don't see it. I've downloaded from page one twice. I know I'm probably just missing something but can you let me know what I need to do to get the OCO option in this strategy?

Thank you.
fjasonfx

Postby hiepbg » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:50 am

I did some more testing with "Repeat Parameters". These are settings:
"Repeat Delay": 0 min
"Close orders on repeat": yes
Timeframe: 1 minute

You can see in this picture. This stragety made an entry order at 2178.70 (SP500), with the distance to price was -10 pips. When price went down quickly, the entry orders has been executed. But the price suddenly reverse quickly to 2179.65, the position has been closed on opposite.
A new entry order was created at 2178.65. If the price go down, the price of new entry order will go down too. The price of a new entry order will continue below the new price by a distance by -10 pips, and no new postions will be open even price will go down more and cross 2178.70. It mean we lost all new chances to make a good position when price continue go down, because new entry order will alway stick to price by a distance (-10pips).

All positions make by this strategy was ended with a small loss of spread. The loss may be bigger if we choose bigger Repead Delay number.

I think the menchanism to make a new order of Manual Entry Order strategy is better. :D
hiepbg

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Strategies