RSI of MA Strategy

Strategies are published here.

Moderator: admin

RSI of MA Strategy

Postby Apprentice » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:07 am

This strategy is based on, the RSI indicator of MA.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5502

Signals are generated by RSI / MA Crossover.

RSI of MA Strategy.lua
(16 KiB) Downloaded 1504 times

The Strategy was revised and updated on November 19, 2018.
Attachments
2018-11-19_15-26-50.png
2018-11-19_15-27-02.png
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: RSI of MA Strategy

Postby missca » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:40 am

Hello Apprentice, this may be what I'm looking for but am at "the job" right now and cannot load and test. What I am looking for is a strategy that triggers when crossing a "chosen, and changable" line on the RSI. I am working on a method that combines certain RSI crosses with other parameters.

There is a RSI strategy in Marketscope II right now but I don't even understand it because I looks like it's just buying, or selling when price crosses the 70 and 30 but when you backtest it, the buys and sells look to be way different than the crosses.

I used to do some simple coding a long time ago, and this seems like it might fall into the "simple to do" area and that there might already be one out there some place. So I guess I'm asking you if you know of one? I searched here for "RSI Cross" but came up with an empty.

Thanks for your help,

Missca
missca

Postby Apprentice » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 pm

Here you can find some useful links that will help you with programming.

Recommended reading Topic
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2026

The Indicore SDK User Guide
http://www.fxcodebase.com/documents/IndicoreSDK/
Apprentice

Postby missca » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Thank you very much. Actually; I was just looking to know if there was an already coded version in existance. I was just hoping you knew of one already out there somewhere where 'the user' can pick the parameters to test.

To be more specific, like the one that comes with Marketscope but with a selection box where you specify the buys or sells.

As in: "When RSI crosses the "xx" from above, sell"
"When RSI crosses the "xx" from below, buy"

Anyways; thanks for the links and I'll be checking them out.
missca

Postby sunshine » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:31 am

Could you please check this strategy?
http://www.fxcodebase.com/code/viewtopi ... =31&t=2828
Is this what you need?
sunshine

Postby jackfx09 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:11 am

This is a great indicator! I use it in combination with other RSI signals and it offers a great results. Unfortunately, when I attempt to use it in combination with other indicators for the Strategy Builder, the error reads that it is not supported by Strategy Builder. Can that be changed???

Thank You!
jackfx09

Postby missca » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:19 am

I did, and thank you! I wasn't thinking when I posted what I was looking for and I apologize for wasting peoples time.

I trade (sometimes) based off of RSI position + other signals. The problem is that while I base my entries off of these signals, and this could be coded, I exit the trades based off of another set of rules. So obviously, we could never code an indicator, let alone a strategy for this.

One position may be 65 pips and I'm out because of what I see developing. The very next position may be 325 pips. Hard to run a strategy without some kind of set rules, huh???

Again; sorry for wasting all's time.

Missca

Actually; if there was a way to code something that enters when the RSI crosses to the up side at a certain level and then closes when crossing another level on the way down would be close. Then I could run a strategy on that and just manually incorprate the other signals to each of those and get an idea... Just thinking out loud.
missca

Postby Apprentice » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:36 am

To jackfx09
Strategy Builder is designed to use the strategies as the basic building blocks.
Use Indicators.

To missca
This option can be added.
Apprentice

Postby jackfx09 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:15 am

Apprentice,

Thanks for the reply. So basic indicators only at this point, no problem.

Is there a strategy already posted that allows the option of compounding the trades? Meaning this, enter trades with a percentage of the account equity, therefore compounding the profits. Thanks for your time and all of your great work!!! This strategy in particular would benefit greatly from that option!!!
jackfx09

Return to Custom Strategies