Based on the request.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=65814

MT4/MQ4 version.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=68914
Apprentice
FXCodeBase: Confirmed User

Re: Rrade_Repeater

Postby flbrgz » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi, Thanks for the super fast response. I am testing it out on my demo account now. I will let you know how it goes.

I will donating to you once this is working as required.

Regards,
Paul.
flbrgz

Re: Trade_Repeater

Postby flbrgz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:22 am

Hi all.

I have been using Trade Repeater for most this week on my demo account. It worked as I had requested and I couldn't live without it now.

I am now running it on my live account after seeing the results on my demo account.

Obviously this isn't going to be for everyone and I have developed a specific trading strategy that works for me and Trade Repeater is just what I wanted.

There is only one minor improvement that I would like. I think that if possible you would have done it this way in the original but maybe it can be done.

It appears that when a trade closes, the order is repeated using the actual entry point of the previous trade. Sometimes the previous trades opened at a slightly different price to the set entry point, so over 5 to 10 trades there is a little shifting of the entry point.

Is there a way to always refer the the set entry point or can we only refer to the actual entry point of the previous trade.

I will be using the Trade Repeater as is even if it can't be tweaked.

Regards.
flbrgz

Postby Apprentice » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:19 am

trade_repeater.lua
(43.2 KiB) Downloaded 984 times

This is because of slippage. We changed the strategy, so it'll remember the original rate
Apprentice

Postby flbrgz » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:59 am

Hello all. Hope your trading is going well.

I have been using the Trade Repeater for quite some time and except for my own bending of my own rules it has performed very well. There are some further coding challenges I have for you if you are willing.

I still have some issues with slippage. Is there a way to round the order value to its closest .01
I trade eur/nzd so if instance I may have trades at 1.50, 1.51, 1.52 ect these get repeated at say 1.503 1.512, 1.523 etc. Can they be rounded back to 1.50, 1.51, 1.52 before setting the repeat order.

I know it's really nothing but I find it easier to browse my trades when they all have trailing zeros and not random slippage values.

Now the big challenge.

Can we set a new value by pip distance on the repeat order if we get stopped out.instead of the original order value.

So if my sell trade at 1.50 gets stopped out, say 200 pips 1.70 can the repeat trade say " because we have been stopped out the order value will be 300 pips higher than the original trade. If the Trade closes at a profit then the original trade value will be used for the repeat trade".

The stopped out new order replacement value would be a setting in the strategy options settings.

A lot to think about I know.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
flbrgz

Postby Apprentice » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:42 am

Your request is added to the development list under Id Number 4308
Apprentice

Postby flbrgz » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:47 am

Awesome, thanks.
flbrgz

Postby flbrgz » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:42 pm

Hello all.

I haven't traded in a while. I went on leave and changed my strategy and currency traded to something I thought was safer and unfortunately failed to consider a few things and I got wiped out. No fault to trade repeater it does what I asked for. Luckily there wasn't too much money involved.

I have had a year off and have started trading again using the trade repeater and have implemented a hedging strategy that has already protected my account.

I just need to get this trade repeater fine tuned. I have looked through its code but I am not really a programmer so I got lost pretty quickly.

I have a new request to try to stop the slippage issue as it still there during fast volatile markets.

Is there a way to round the entry point number to the fourth decimal. So 1.76452 would be 1.7645 and say 1.76458 would be 1.7646. It seems to the last or 5th digit that it throwing a spanner in the works.

It may seem a little trivial but with the strategy I am using, I can have up to 40 trades open with orders for more trades and hedging trades in place, the 5th digit makes it a little confusing at times and looking at my trading the history the rounding to the 4th digit would solve any remaining issues for me. It would reduce errors from slippage and make my daily routine of correcting slippage in orders a lot more efficient.

Thanks for everything. Keep up the good work.
flbrgz

Postby flbrgz » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:36 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is an easy way to convert this for mt4 application. Or is there already a similar strategy available

Cheers.
flbrgz

Postby Apprentice » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:13 am

Your request is added to the development list.
Development reference 64.
Apprentice

Next

Return to Custom Strategies